cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY IS FREEZING EBAY CARDS MONTHS AFTER YOU EVEN MAKE A RETURN FOR A DEFECTIVE ITEM!

brex3038
Adventurer

I  bought a Ebay card at a corporate retailer, bought something with it, item was defective so returned, card funds were at checkout, entered a new card number I bought same way, new card is frozen and return item cards vanished.

Customer service is telling me to unfreeze my months old card, I need to provide a receipt I received when I bought the cards...

I think most courts would classify this as a scam/ criminal.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

EBAY IS FREEZING EBAY CARDS MONTHS AFTER YOU EVEN MAKE A RETURN FOR A DEFECTIVE ITEM!

brex3038
Adventurer

IN A NUTSHELL: Ebay basically is pocketing hundreds of my dollars while saying to get it back I need to show a months old paper receipt for a card I already used (I returned the item).

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@brex3038 wrote:

I need to show a months old paper receipt for a card I already used (I returned the item).

When you submit the paper receipt, it will be an photo image file. You could have taken that photo months ago, for your records, and unlike paper, easy to store.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Whoever takes photos of all their cards and receipts and keeps them on their phone for months is a prime target for a hack and poor digital hygiene. What are you boomer? Why arent you trying to help me find a solution?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Solution is to keep receipt no matter what and where you buy something. 

Usually people don't throw receipts away unless they know that item is good or past return dates, etc.

Personally i keep all receipts from shipping for up to 2 years just in case anything happens, shoe receipts for as long as i think is necessary, long time for appliances and so on. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This is a bit crazy. A card has a digital footprint. It was purchased/activated somewhere that should be easily traceable. Any previous activity on the card also has a record. Think about it, if you take a gift card to retailer and you forgot the balance they can tell you what's left. I doubt that is 100% on the magnetic strip, if at all.

Gift cards are used for scams so no doubt every retailer has their antenna up about them.

I am assuming these are physical cards. Can you go somewhere like where you bought them and get them scanned? 

Have you tried contact ebay through the eBay for business facebook page some people report better customer service you can DM them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: