cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer willing to pay shipping for a no-return, how do I deduct?

I have a buyer of a "no-return" tech item that wants to return, made a mistake and did not understand compatability. I am willing to accept and they are willing to pay shipping.  However they started the return process and chose "defective" as there was not a choice that fit.

I see my options on my side are accept return, partial refund etc. However as I researched it seems partial refund means they keep the item.  

I read somewhere perhaps my option is choose accept return with full refund. It seems like where I am at now I can't deduct for shipping. Then I read maybe I can send an invoice to the seller for shipping?  Have never sent an invoice so dont know how and not sure if that is the correct allowable option. May all be more trouble than it's worth but strange we can't do what we want to. Just want to follow the rules and do it right. 😀

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, they can't change the reason for the return.

The buyer can still pay the return shipping, they just can't use the provided shipping label.

They can buy a shipping label, then get the tracking number updated in the case.

No, there' no way of sending an invoice through Ebay, but you could do it through Pay Pal.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, if they chose defective, you have 2 options.

Refund the buyer and let them keep the item.

Accept the return, pay return shipping and give a full refund.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks.

And I assume they can't change their choice.....one probably was "I made a mistake and will pay shipping to return"

What about sending an invoice for the shipping amount after the fact? Is that appropriate or do-able?

Thanks again

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No, they can't change the reason for the return.

The buyer can still pay the return shipping, they just can't use the provided shipping label.

They can buy a shipping label, then get the tracking number updated in the case.

No, there' no way of sending an invoice through Ebay, but you could do it through Pay Pal.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Happy Easter to you!  Thanks, I will pass along the info. 

My steps are:

1) Inform buyer if they buy their own trackable shipping label they can do so and update the tracking in the case

2) I choose "accept the return" .  My only question here though is when I choose this, won't it generate a shipping label and charge me anyway?  

3)  Receive product, inspect it, and I assume I hit an "approve return" button in ebay

Sorry for all the questions!  A noob on returns like this!

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You’re not charged for the return label until the buyer actually uses it.  

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for that info on the shipping label!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: