cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer fraud

A lady bought a NEW power board for her television. She immediately turned around and wanted a refund stating the item was not as described. My listing and pictures were correct in every way. She sent back photos of a damaged power board. Even though I can provide pictures of the item I shipped with no damage she is still getting a full refund. She even admitted plugging the power board up to a damaged television (which could have damaged the new power board). So when I messaged her and said the item was damaged by you or you are trying to send a damaged item back to me she quit responding quickly and opened a case. Ebay does not protect its sellers at all.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer fraud

My guess is your new power board is in her TV and what you are going to get back is the old one that she took out of the TV. Things like this happen all the time on eBay and you are correct there is no seller protection. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Buyer fraud

You have no way to fight this. eBay's MBG favors buyer. As such, what most likely happened here is the old scam of switching the damaged item for the good one, and getting it for free. You in turn, will be out the $ and the item. Hopefully this was not an expensive unit. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Buyer fraud

The old switch a roo, works everytime.  For the buyer.  Only reason I even bother for paying return shipping for the bad part they replaced my part with is to hopefully cause them to have to go out the way to goto the post office.  If it was cheap enough just refund bc she's going to send her bad board back near certainly and Ebay just says congrats because your now an official business taking loss like a boss.  That's a good slogan, they should consider it.  Remember, only good feedback allowed so talk about what a great customer they are are and be sure to report her so eBay can ignore it.  Sorry that happened, it happens a lot.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: