cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 of 3 items broken during shipping - how to process partial refund

Buyer purchased 3 vintage tea cups for $425.  Though well wrapped, one broke during shipping. Buyer initiated return, sent the broken item back, kept the other two cups.  I want to issue buyer a 1/3rd refund.  Buyer selected: Reason for return: "Arrived damaged" eBay not allowing me to issue a partial return. 

What do I do? How do I handle this?   All responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@colorgemstuds wrote:

Buyer purchased 3 vintage tea cups for $425. Though well wrapped, one broke during shipping.

Buyer initiated return, sent the broken item back, kept the other two cups. 

Whenever you're returning some of the identical items in a purchase, just indicate that quantity in the return request.

4aldfahviuhadihnviudfahiuvghadfiuhvbiuhdfihiafhifdhia4.jpg

eBay will prorate the moneys to refunds from the totals of the orders. Then your sellers will refunds that fractions when that portions of the orders is returns backs to your sellers.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you. Unfortunately, this is something the Buyer would have had to have done beforehand.  Buyer did not choose this option and already sent back item to me. I'm the Seller. What do I do now?  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: