cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Nov 8th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join the Community team here at 1 pm PT on Nov 8th for our weekly chat. 

There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone! The thread is now open for replies. Excited to talk about what is on your mind and welcome brian@ebay to his first weekly chat! slight_smile

Message 2 of 85
latest reply

Thanks to whoever set up the ability to make FedEx labels in eBay...not having to go over to PayPal to use FedEx labels is a huge convenience.
Thanks for fixing the notification of promotions. I got one of them on the 4th of 5 days of the promo...but I got it!

Message 3 of 85
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Good afternoon everyone! The thread is now open for replies. Excited to talk about what is on your mind and welcome brian@ebay to his first weekly chat! slight_smile

Indeed! Learn more about Brian here

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 85
latest reply

I have an issue. No clue how this post works, though.

Message 5 of 85
latest reply

This morning, I found two websites selling my eBay products, complete with my pics and title, at about 40% off my price.  Everything they sell is a copy of someone's eBay listing, greatly reduced prices.

Message 6 of 85
latest reply

Hi friends,

After 11 months with no problems, that issue where I don't receive credit for all of the items I sell for a given month.  For example, in October, I had 24 sales.  Seller Level in Seller hub shows only 21 sales.  The dollar amounts is off (lower) as well.  This data is used to calculate my seller performance.  If you check the Orders section for the month of October, those numbers are correct.

Here's some more info from last December:

Hi Heidi, I think I heard on eBay radio that eBay now acknowledges that there is a problem with sellers not getting all due credit for items sold towards the Top Rated Seller program.  We were told that there was no action for the seller to take and that the fix would automatically happen.  As of this month I am still not getting credit for all the items I sell even though 100 % are eligible.  Can you provide an update on this fix?   I play by the rules and want to get credit for all the items I sell so that I maintain Top Rated Seller status.   Thanks, DJ

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DJ
Message 7 of 85
latest reply

The Shipping Dealine continues to be displayed incorrectly for all shipping after the time change last Sunday.  Instead of showing 11:59PM on the correct shipping deadline date it's showing 12:59AM on the NEXT shipping day. This has been reported and explained at length in several forum messages.

If the seller is NOT using the most current version of the Seller Hub Orders screen they DO NOT SEE THE TIME they only see the DATE!  This alone should bring this issue to the TOP of the fix list!

If the seller is using the new orders page the time does display, but it's easy to miss.  The human mind is a funny thing, if we "KNOW" in our head that the deadline is the end of day for the date shown we don't "see" the time, our brain filters out the "unnecssary" details.

When the shipping deadline falls on the last business day of the week it's even worse because the bump to 12:59AM moves the delivery deadline to the next week.  So now 2 or 3 DAYS have been added to the deadline because of a one hour error.

This needs to be addressed immediately as it will affect sellers ontime shipping metrics. It's not fair to the sellers to be punished for not realizing that eBay has a serious error in how the shipping deadline is being shown.

Steps need to be taken to expunge the late shipments that are being caused by this issue.  It should not require a call to CS and should be done regardless of whether or not it affects a sellers TRS status.  It's an eBay created issue and should be fixed by eBay.

(My grumpy is showing today I know...).

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 85
latest reply

@stonycreekstore wrote:

Just post what your question or concern is and Ebay CSRs will respond.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 85
latest reply

Is there a glitch impacting shipping time?  I have all my listings set for one day shipping, and as of time change this week, ship date is incorrect. I verified sold items did in fact show one day shipping.

On my sold and paid listings, it is showing a Ship By date of two days from payment. Paid Wednesday shows ship by as Friday. Wrong, one day shipping for TRS discount should be Thursday.

Message 10 of 85
latest reply

Veteran's Day Postal holiday is incorrect when printing shipping labels.  USPS celebrates the holiday on Oct 11th, not the 10th.

You can't print USPS shipping labels for Oct 10th, but you can for the 11th. The postal holiday is the 11th, not the 10th, the holiday logic is incorrect!.

Message 11 of 85
latest reply

Bringing up this issue again:

Please consider making the "request total from seller" or "request invoice" always enabled on the Cart page. We continue to run into issues where the IPR settings, seller error (like me), Items on sale, and other reason make it impossible for the buyer to request a combined total with any shipping discounts.

The best outcome would be for the button to be fixed so it works properly, but since this is the holiday sales season, please consider just making this always active and fix the code after the holidays.

Message 12 of 85
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonycreekstore wrote:

Welcome @stonycreekstore! Our weekly chat is open for an hour and the Community Team works to reply to any questions asked within that time. While we do close the chat for replies at the end of the hour, we will continue to reply to anything received while the chat was open. We may not always have the answer immediately, but will work to escalate your questions or concerns to the right teams and follow up with you afterwards if needed. 

As for your specific question, I recommend you contact the specific websites to see what options are available. We aren't able to take action on listings outside of eBay, so communicating with the vendor you have seen your items displayed on would be your best chance at resolving these concerns.

Message 13 of 85
latest reply

I wish eBay still allowed watermarks on the pictures to protect the seller's hard work...

Regards,
DJ
Message 14 of 85
latest reply

A few weeks ago I posted about a problem with eBay not appropriately collecting sales tax

trinton you said you would get back to us.  I have heard nothing.   

I am out out a bit of money over this.  Is eBay expecting us to just get over it?  CS. Never got back to me either

Message 15 of 85
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: