cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why am i getting continuous security code texts?

I have gotten literally 46 security code texts to sign into my account in the past 11 minutes that I did not ask for. I did not respond to any of them and it finally stopped on its own.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

This happens if they are testing the programs and do not find that bug right away. Did the texts eventually stop?

As a programmer I've sometimes sent too many emails accidentally while testing, but normally it's one email per test run.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I having the same issue it happens once in while and it's very annoying it happens quicker than the 20 second limit so now I know it's something do with ebay or some glitch somewhere because I can't send more than 1 code every 20 seconds, but when this happens it comes at a burst where just almost all at once I get tons of them.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I had 50 texts last evening.  Started at 9:45 (ET) until 9:53 (ET).  Weird.  Does not sound like anyone knows the answer, yet.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I am getting them also. Last night after 2:00 AM!! If this is EBay doing it they need to find another time. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I contacted ebay as the same thing happened to me and another one last night.  They told me some one was trying to compromise my account. I have a two step process log in and then ebay sends me this code. They said while I have this process in place I should be okay.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

This happens to me often, including multiple codes being sent now. Someone (or someone’s hacking program) is attempting to compromise my eBay account. With two source authentication, it is impossible. Best safety feature around, and a must for any financial accounts.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This can also be a sign of someone trying to access your account. It may be a good idea to change your password and require all devices to sign back in with the new password just in case someone has figured out your password and is using a automated program guessing at the security code for five mins till it goes bad and sends a new request then starts over running numbers till it gets in.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I am as well started last night and again this morning. Is it fraud?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I have this problem sometimes, it's someone trying to Sign in to my account, probably the same Russian p***k that hacked my account last time.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I doubt these are hackers. I had the same situation. Switched to chrome, made sure I have the latest version, cleaned the cache and cookies logged in without a problem and no more repetitive verifications needed. This happened both on android and windows on different occasions.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I got 50 of them today. Constant. Not just from the US, but lots of Spanish and Portuguese. Now Russia. How can we make this stop?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

This keeps happening even though I've changed my password!
Message 13 of 13
latest reply