Did you mean: 

"add to watch list' is not working

as of 11:02 AM EDT 8/8

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had added to watch list OK a couple of minutes earlier, then it stopped working.

Tried again on another listing, NG.

A few minutes later I was working on another operation, and was prompted to log in. After I did so, 'add to watch' worked again.

Nothing like a consistent experience on here. And I say this after a 14 year residence buying/selling. Keeps me young.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

still works normally that you

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had added to watch list OK a couple of minutes earlier, then it stopped working.

Tried again on another listing, NG.

A few minutes later I was working on another operation, and was prompted to log in. After I did so, 'add to watch' worked again.

Nothing like a consistent experience on here. And I say this after a 14 year residence buying/selling. Keeps me young.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's working normally for me.

I'm using the desktop version on a Windows 10 machine with a Chrome browser.

Maybe if you could give more detail, such as whether you're using the mobile app for iOS or Android, or the desktop version; or what operating system you're using, what browser you're using, exactly what's happening when you say the feature is not working--along with a few screenshots--someone might be able to help you.

Just saying "add to watch list' is not working is a little vague to expect anyone to come up with solutions.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hey--at least you gave yourself your own "solution" out of the deal, so it wasn't a total loss.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I see things are working again for the original poster, but for the benefit of anyone else who finds this thread who may be having issues adding items to their watch list:

In general, if you are currently watching less than 200 items, you should have no difficulty adding new items to your watch list. If you are watching more than that you may experience erratic behavior of the list; try deleting some items one at a time. If you are  unable to delete items directly from the watch list, try using the Remove link at the top of the individual item page.

Your watch list items can also be seen on your Summary page if you are using a desktop browser, so if you are having a problem specifically with your Watch list page, try that page instead. Trying the eBay app is also something to consider.

If the "add to watch list" button on an item listing has been replaced by a text link or there is no dropdown menu to add items to other custom lists, try explicitly signing out of eBay, restarting your browser and signing back in.

Sometimes issues can be caused by your particular browser, so trying an entirely different browser or another computer can be an indication if the problem is on eBay's end or your end. If things work fine on one browser but not another, there may be steps you can take, such as restarting your browser, deleting cache or temporary internet files, deleting eBay cookies, disabling extensions, or updating the browser to the latest version.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@charnacassell 

When I click it it is not registering or adding any items. is anyone else experiencing this?

There are some suggestions for things you can try if you are having difficulty adding items to your Watch list in the message directly above this one in this thread.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply