cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Server Problems

Would be nice to see a big red flashing button prominently on selling interface when eBay is experiencing server issues instead of me spending over an hour of my time trying to find this out.

A sale goes through to Paypal, from eBay, and is paid for with Paypal but doesn't show up anywhere on eBay. Then my sales listing page gets a big error message stating the server is down. Wow, shows how fast they can act when they miss out of a sale and a few dollars in fees.

As previously reported here, eBay has demonstrated very inconsistent and unreliable enabling of sales since the introduction of major software changes (e.g. so called promotional listings to name one upheaval) before Christmas 2018. I don't have much confidence in the way their AI/software actually behaves.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay Server Problems

Ebay Rocks! 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

IMO eBay doesn't communicate site problems, technical issues, or updates very well.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

eBay's Australian server and its software is so bad today it appears I'm dealing with my discussion post on the American server/site. To my USA friends, thank your lucky stars you're not having to sell on the Australian eBay site. For the last 10 months their enabling of listed sales have been totally unreliable to the point were I have very little confidence in how eBay.com.au is run. This time last year I was selling hundreds of units, now I'm down over 54% in revenue alone compared to the same period, but the unit numbers of our most popular low-cost item compared to unit sales of less-popular more expensive items is the biggest concern because they do not reflect any modicum of reason, common-sense or consistency.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

@waddingtonfirstaid wrote:

eBay's Australian server and its software is so bad today it appears I'm dealing with my discussion post on the American server/site. To my USA friends, thank your lucky stars you're not having to sell on the Australian eBay site. For the last 10 months their enabling of listed sales have been totally unreliable to the point were I have very little confidence in how eBay.com.au is run. This time last year I was selling hundreds of units, now I'm down over 54% in revenue alone compared to the same period, but the unit numbers of our most popular low-cost item compared to unit sales of less-popular more expensive items is the biggest concern because they do not reflect any modicum of reason, common-sense or consistency.

Your USA counterparts are also experiencing unreliable listings and numerous other problems.  Many are reporting much lower sales.  We share your joy. Smiley Indifferent

I personally lost faith in eBay (after 9 years of very frequent buying) and I'm taking a long pause ... waiting for a new CEO, Management, and hopefully pragmatic changes.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

@greg5000 wrote:

IMO eBay doesn't communicate site problems, technical issues, or updates very well.  Smiley Frustrated

Very well?  With all due respect, there may be a chance that you are being kind.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

https://www.ebay.com/sts      (for what it's worth)

You can't believe what you see on the internet lol

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

Image result for ebay ceo

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

@waddingtonfirstaid wrote:

Would be nice to see a big red flashing button prominently on selling interface when eBay is experiencing server issues instead of me spending over an hour of my time trying to find this out.

What if it is the seller interface that is experiencing server issues? 🙂

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

It is not like the flashing button would do any good as they have a status page that never shows any issues. Since they paypal split eBay has had a really bad tack record of being honest and forthcoming about any site issues.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

eBay Server Problems

Third party sites like downdetector can be useful for noticing trends in certain kinds of problems -- after all, a problem that does not qualify as a site-wide issue can still affect lots of folks.

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay

Message 11 of 11
latest reply