cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong amount charged for International order on Variation listing.

I have many variation listings. I am in USA and I offer direct shipping to Canada and Mexico. I had a buyer from Mexico add a couple items to their cart and request an invoice. Great, until I saw that one item was $3 and the other was $5.50. But in the listing the items are being sold for $8 and $12 respectively. I can't send an invoice since the order is all messed up. I will call Customer Service tomorrow and see what they have to say. When I looked through the technical posts I didn't see any posts like this, so I wanted to get it out there so it can be stopped before it spreads further.

I'm an experienced seller and most of my listings are variations. I know what I'm doing and I do it a lot. Please do not offer "Are you sure you did ABC" responses. Just ignore my post if you think that I mesed up...

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I think you instinct to contact Ebay is a good one.  I'm not sure how we could help.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

On the same day, 10/22/23, we experienced incorrect pricing on variations on domestic orders (US).

Our buyer ordered around 70 items that should have sold for a total of $267.14 but was charged $132.22 (before taxes and shipping).

I reported this to eBay, but it has not yet been resolved. In the meantime, we are pausing sales until it can be fixed. This is not a sustainable business practice.

Have others experienced incorrect pricing when there are variations in the listings?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hey devon@ebay - do you see reports on your end about this?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay - do you see reports on your end about this?

Hey @wastingtime101! I have not seen any reports on my end for this. I would advise @knownobob to reach out to customer support to have a ticket open on their account. I will also have this reported on my end as well. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Devon, I just got off the phone with ebay customer service. They confirmed my order was incorrect and told me to cancel the order and they would start a service request.  This is the number they gave me: SR # 1-469165965252

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks devon@ebay .

Hey @catesvillerecords . I haven't yet seen the same problem with my variation listings. See above post from Devon and report the issue to customer service.

There are chat and callback options on the left side of this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks! We will try that.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

We have had two LONG chats (online and on the phone) with customer service agents, both said they would enter a service ticket, and the last one finally acknowledged that she could see that the prices set in the "edit" menu didn't match the ones charged. 

It has been three days, and we have heard nothing, but it looks like several of us experienced similar problems that day. I still don't know if we will ever get a response from eBay. We lost about $135 on two large orders, so we shut down for a while. Just reopened today, and the one sale we have had was correct ... but we are nervous about whether we can trust the site to correctly charge the buyers.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

For this issue, I cancelled the order and the buyer was understanding and we worked something out kind of in the middle of actual cost vs ebay mistake. They bought one more expensive item from a listing that wasn't a variation (had the correct charge) so it gave me incentive to make the deal work. So, I got off easy. I kept the store open and assumed it was just one crazy mistake which so far is the case. You just have to cancel the order if it happens again. 

As for ebay, well I fell victim to an automatic update of inventory in the past and have learned how things work and what is best to do. Ebay does work on these things and take them seriously. However, it is a large organization with so much code and massive infrastructure, which means things with glitches will move slower than a store owner would like. It's just impossible for them to find and fix in a day. 

The bottom line for the sellers affected is they have to make their best adjustment to the situation and hang tight for ebay to fix. For some it may be closing the store, others ride it out and hope for the best, etc. For the inventory problem I had to make all the updates myself and 3 days later ebay sent a message saying they solved it. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply