cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do people keep using eBay knowing ebay lets people with no intention of buying ruin the sale?

There was a time when eBay was a fun and useful tool for buying and selling. But now, eBay has no way to protect the sellers from false buyers, or buyers with no intention to purchase, and that they have good eBay reputations – obviously all phony – but still eBay has no responsibility other than to collect the commissions from the seller for the no sale items. Perhaps eBay should consider demanding a deposit from the potential buyer to maybe slow this tendency to invalidate sales. My issues have been twofold one was a “buy it now” where are the supposed buyer was completely fictitious. The second, a deadbeat buyer who never intended to purchase my motorcycle, and that buyer will be back in messing up somebody else for sale with another phony ID. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why do people keep using eBay knowing ebay lets people with no intention of buying ruin the sale?

I do fixed price listings with IPR.  I do not experience the issues of which you write.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I only buy here now.  I sell elsewhere.   Greediness coupled with a what seems to be a complete failure of the company chased me away quickly.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply