cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch count hidden now?

Has eBay completly hidden the watch count now on the website? Every BIN listing doesn't show the watch count anymore for me. Tried both browsers Firefox and Google Chrome. They still show up using the eBay app though and through watchcount.com. Is this a glitch, or an update by eBay?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Watch count hidden now?

Experiencing the same thing. If the item has at least 10 watchers it will show up in red underneath the price when you search for the item, but when you click on the item the watch count isn't on the listing. Not sure what the purpose is of this is since buyers usually buy my listings faster when they can see the interest from other potential buyers.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

@Anonymous  Is this another deliberate change to the item page? 

Showing the number of watchers on the listing page drives sales!  Buyers are more likely to click Buy Now if they see a bunch of watchers listed right by the Buy button.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

eBay social team did confirm elminating "watchers" from the item page (don't shoot messenger!):

https://twitter.com/AskeBay/status/956938882515460096

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

wrote:

Showing the number of watchers on the listing page drives sales!  Buyers are more likely to click Buy Now if they see a bunch of watchers listed right by the Buy button.

Hi @dtexley3, this is an intentional change. While the watch count is still visible in search results, it will no longer be shown on the listing page. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

This was an idiot decision. My only question is WHY?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

wrote:

wrote:

Hi @dtexley3, this is an intentional change. While the watch count is still visible in search results, it will no longer be shown on the listing page. 

Why??? It's a dumb change, serving no purpose in terms of sales. Thanks, ebay for yet another death to sales.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

But the watch count DOESN'T show up on the search page - items that I know for a fact have watchers don't show anything on the search page nor on the listings. VERY disappointed in this - seeing the watch count helps buyers and sellers and it doesn't save ebay anyhting by removing it - just makes people mad so why change it?

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

My sales have dropped 69% from sales same time last month and 69% compared to same time last year so I know the omission of the watch count has had a severely adverse effect in my category. I've done all the usual customer service waste of time suggestions, ie., clear cache, tweak listings, run sales, promote my listings, list more... all to no avail.

There's never any rhyme to reason with this site. Last year my Christmas sales tanked and January was excellent. This year I had very good pre-Christmas and Christmas sales but January came and out went the lights. I sell jewelry in a very saturated category but I should have sales with Valentine's Day so close. It feels like I have just been dropped from visibility all together.  Small sellers just get no respect and no reliable consistency in visibility. I swear they use my store in every beta test they run and it's never a positive outcome for me. I've always had decent sales in January and February but this year, nothing.  Something definitely went awry, again, about two or three weeks ago. It's a crying shame. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

bump - eBay? hows your total sales since you made this stupid move

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

You answered your own question, they are idiots!!!

I remember 6 or 7 years ago they got the bright idea to split up the summary page so that your watch list was on 1 page, selling on another, and what you bought was on another page. Absolutely moronic move, yet it went on for a couple of weeks.

Apparently there's a team of morons who have to inflict these brain farts on us in order to justify their job of coming up with new ideas.  It's obvious they don't have more than 2 brain cells in their heads when they come up with **bleep** like this.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

wrote:

wrote:

I'm guessing Brian wasn't in the meeting room when this change was made. 

Watchers are showing on the listings page...just moved....and from what I can gather it only shows if you have at least 5. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I'm guessing Brian wasn't in the meeting room when this change was made. 

Watchers are showing on the listings page...just moved....and from what I can gather it only shows if you have at least 5. 

seems so, i see the new spot when there are 5 or more watchers.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

I hope E-Bay is hearing how good a feature the watch count was and how many people look and use it.

I can't understand why they would take that away.

I used that every day !

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Watch count hidden now?

I'm a longtime ebay seller and very rarely post or write on the community pages. My confusion is if ebay has removed the "watch" count on item pages. The watch count is an invaluable tool that has finalized sales time after time for me! A customer may contact me with a question about an item or express hesitation.  I politely let them know a high or sudden increase in watch count means the item WILL sell quickly.  I contacted ebay support tonight and spoke with an agent named "rose" about why some of my pages still show a watch count and others not. I pointed to your post from 1/30/18 about this matter. After some brief holds I was told my account was being referred to the tech team because of a view count/watchers "bug".  Our conversation ended with " I can assure that EBAY is NOT... removing the watch count from the listing page the Buyer sees"  I asked for clarification again to make sure the agent understood I was asking about "the watch count on the item page the customer would see" She replied Yes it is NOT being removed.  I realize you will not be able to comment on our conversation tonight. Any updated or accurate information would be very much appreciated.  If the watcher page on an item listing has been removed permanently please let us know who and what department I may contact. I would like to share my 14 years of ebay store experience based off this "watcher count" feature.  It has proven how powerful of a sales tool it has been and closed countless sales for me and other sellers.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply