cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify your account problem

I have 6 user id's and I just started getting the Verify Your Account captcha garbage with sliding a puzzle piece into the correct spot on a puzzle.

After that is done it says that I am verified but before I can log in a user id I have to jump through the same hoop again with the puzzle piece to log in. 

If I sign out I go through the same sequence to try to change to a different user id.

If I go back to one that has already been verified I am jumping through those same hoops again.

Anyone else experiencing this problem. I talked to eBay and they have received complaints about this.

Below is the order of the hoops to jump through to log in.

Screenshot_2019-11-14 Security Measure.pngScreenshot_2019-11-14 Security Measure(1).pngScreenshot_2019-11-14 Security Measure(2).png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sign in according to a rep I just talked to is a "security measure."

After firmly telling him that my issues are here at abay and no other site.

I had to get to this board running MS7 in Safe Mode.

So yes, many of us are feeling your pain.

EBay's security team needs an over haul, now !

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I could see how juggling six accounts would lead to verification fatigue quickly.

Depending on how you use those accounts, it might be possible to minimize signing out and back in. If you have one account you use the most, perhaps you can leave that account signed in using your primary browser. Perhaps have a secondary browser for your next-most-used account. If you have accounts that you only have to check once in a while, perhaps use a private or incognito session to check on each of those without signing out of the main accounts. Since the private or incognito sessions do not save cookies, you will have to sign in and presumably go through verification each time you open a new session; though you may be able to keep several separate sessions going, each signed in to a different account.

Staying signed in seems to prevent verification as long as you do not delete your cookies.

If you have a strong preference for a particular browser such as Firefox, you can install parallel versions such as Firefox Developer and Firefox Nightly which can share bookmarks and extensions, but maintain separate cookies and profiles. There are also alternate browsers such as Waterfox or Pale Moon that might be useful to consider.

You also might be able to bypass the verification entirely by using an old sign-in page like this:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

If after signing in with the old page you get sent to a new sign-in page or verification page, you may be able to skip that by clicking on the eBay logo to go to the main page -- at least that is the way it seems to work for me.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

PERHAPS eBay should try harder to fix this bull**bleep**, been on Firefox for 15 years with no problems, not this??? PERHAPS they should have someone a eBay who we can EXPLAIN IN ENGLISH why after all these years, this verification puzzle **bleep** is happening, over and over, and over, and over again, even if I stay on the page!!!! PERHAPS PERHAPS PERHAPS, DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION WHY THIS ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED HAPPENING!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@long-gone 

Agreed - "occasionally" does NOT mean EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I agree, this is **bleep**. I have the latest firefox set to maintain login but face an unending series of **bleep** puzzle challenges just to contact a seller i purchased from. **bleep**, ebay?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

bleep1 and 2=be-es bleep3=wutdafuk

Message 7 of 7
latest reply