cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to search an order by shipping tracking number

It is a small functionality, but it would make my life easier.

When searching for an order, using the search your order functionality, I would like to be able to search by my tracking number (the one provided after an item is shipped).

This would make my life way easier (as now, I must check all my purchases one by one)

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @micrenda . You can search by tracking number on your shipping labels page (if you purchased the label through eBay, that is) and there's a link to order details. Hope that helps.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you very much @wastingtime101  for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I am a buyer, not a seller, and that search bar does not search for my purchases.

Anyway, thank you for your help; it is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ah, my mistake @micrenda . You're correct, as a buyer there is no way to search by tracking number. You can't even do a Ctrl + F because eBay removed tracking from the purchase history page and hid it behind the order details button. It's frustrated a lot of buyers since eBay made this change a year or two ago.

Best suggestion I can offer is that eBay sends emails when items ship so if you don't delete those emails, you can search by tracking in your email.

Also - on the top right of purchase history page is a "tell us what you think" link. Fill out that survey and make your dissatisfaction known to the developers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You are right. This is what I am doing right now. It is not perfect, but it works.

Thank you very much for your time spent helping me!
I wish you a very nice day!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply