cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Priority SMALL Flat Rate Box Option Gone AGAIN in Listing Shipping Options

Why does this keep happening?

Trying to list an item. Go to shipping area. Enter weight & dimensions of Ground Advantage pkg (as I was advised on the shipping board previously since I'd like to offer choices) and try to add PM SMALL FR Box in the next box. Nope. Not there.

Every other option under the sun is there except PM Small Flat Rate Box.

Thinking it might be because the GA dimensions are causing the issue - I did a test draft and entered the dimensions of the PM SM FR BX and still, NO option available for the SM FR Box. Priority Flat Rate Envelope? Yes. Every express option? Yes. Express Legal Envelope and bleeping overnight.

This is so frustrating and I posted about it months ago because it was happening then too. Then it stopped. Now it's back. 

I'm on a Win10 laptop using Chrome. I will try icky Edge before I post this . . . Exactly the same on Edge. USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is not on the list of shipping options.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@ltldpr I just did a draft to test and I'm seeing it but....for some reason it's way down at the bottom after the UPS and FedEx options instead of grouped with the other USPS options.

Check there - I can see how it could be easy to miss!

2023-08-16_16-28-03.jpg

Or you can also try searching for it

2023-08-16_16-32-05.jpg

If neither one of those works, please let us know what category and what the weight and dimensions are that you are entering.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Thanks, I looked again, but nothing is under the FedEx 2day for me, and I don't have a search option either. Are you on the phone app or on a computer?

I cross posted this in the Shipping Forum and was told that I can input slightly smaller dimensions for the Small FR Box to show up and was given the dimensions. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/USPS-Priority-SMALL-Flat-Rate-Box-Missing-from-Shipping-Optio...

If I do that, but someone chooses the Ground Advantage option, my GA dimensions will be bigger than the undersized Flat Rate dimensions, and I'll get charged by USPS in a few weeks for under paying due to the discrepancy. At least that's what I think will happen. 

I just want to offer buyers options and save them money on shipping because I know they'll buy more if shipping is affordable. Sometimes GA is not cheaper than Priority, so options are nice to compare.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ltldpr wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

Thanks, I looked again, but nothing is under the FedEx 2day for me, and I don't have a search option either. Are you on the phone app or on a computer?

I cross posted this in the Shipping Forum and was told that I can input slightly smaller dimensions for the Small FR Box to show up and was given the dimensions. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/USPS-Priority-SMALL-Flat-Rate-Box-Missing-from-Shipping-Optio...

If I do that, but someone chooses the Ground Advantage option, my GA dimensions will be bigger than the undersized Flat Rate dimensions, and I'll get charged by USPS in a few weeks for under paying due to the discrepancy. At least that's what I think will happen. 

I just want to offer buyers options and save them money on shipping because I know they'll buy more if shipping is affordable. Sometimes GA is not cheaper than Priority, so options are nice to compare.

@ltldpr those screenshots were from desktop using Chrome.  Looks like @wastingtime101 has given you some good advice on the other thread too.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@ltldpr wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

@ltldpr those screenshots were from desktop using Chrome.  Looks like @wastingtime101 has given you some good advice on the other thread too.

I found how to search for Small FR Box like in your screenshot, but because my actual PMFRB package dimensions are higher than the fibbing undersized dimensions workaround mentioned by wastingtime101 in the other thread, I'm not allowed to see the Sm FR Box. 

Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply