cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is 2 listings that I believe are policy listing violations

There is 2 listings that are linked to Google search. When I click the link on both listings they take me to listings that have the same title as 1 of my listings

If you select add to cart you are taken to another listing from the same seller to purchase. If you do a search there is no such listing for the 2 listings on Ebay. There is something going on here (search violation) and it is taking some of my sales. I have added the URL for both below:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Bass-Fish-Car-Air-Freshener-Mountain-Waterfall-Scent/1301005663

https://www.ebay.com/p/Bass-Fish-Car-Air-Freshener-Mountain-Waterfall-Scent/1301005663?iid=122584483...

I tried to go to the bottom of both listings to report them but the report item is not there to report them. Something is wrong with the 2 listings.

I am posting this here since I can not find anywhere to report the 2 listings as possible violation. If not please advise me what is going on

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay is using our listings in the search results to promote other sellers items. There is not much you can do as they will say they are in the search results and not your actual listings. I tried to add the 1st item to a cart but got a error message.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I am not having any problem accessing these listings - I dont think they are in violation - you just both happen to have the same product for sale with a standard name for it and its probably in the new master catalogue now so you cannot control if someone uses the same words for the listing - I got right into the listing - it is a multi quantity listing- and he only has one listing in his store
and the item number in seach bar brings the listing up - there is a report button - but I dont know why you think something is the matter - they are a legitimate seller and it is listed in their items for sale as well under air fresheners in left hand margin
I would clear your cache & refresh your browswer - dont go into a listing through google search - that could be old I would search through Ebay and copy and paste the item number and you will see it.

The larger issue is you have duplicate listings with slightly different titles of 2 of the same products and that IS a policy violation... you are not allowed to have duplicate listings and try to fudge it by adding a word to pretend they are different. Thats what the Chinese & Indian sellers do and flood the market and no one can ever find other things- if they are truly different sizes or something marketedly different you can but you would need to qualify that - this is to keep the selling field fair and not have someone dominate the category and search. good luck

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay is using our listings in the search results to promote other sellers items. There is not much you can do as they will say they are in the search results and not your actual listings. I tried to add the 1st item to a cart but got a error message.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply