cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Options Disappearing When Listing

This has been happening for awhile now but I don't see any other mention of it. When listing items for sale and I select different options for shipping (First Class, Priority Flat-rate, etc) they will show up at first but then before I finish the listing some of the options will suddenly disappear. If I go back to select them again they are no longer even given as an option. Sometimes if I save for later or post the listing and then go back to edit it or even just wait 5 minutes the missing shipping options will suddenly reappear for me to select. There is nothing in the weight or dimensions of my listings that would prevent the disappeared options from being used. This seems to happen frequently and at random. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have the same issue.

Plus, there are two different dimensions for Priority Flat Rate Med & Large Boxes but eBay only lists one each. Same for printing the label. People can say that the dimensions don't matter but they do to USPS so should be accurate on eBay - and be available consistently.

Also, I will type in the weight, only to have it disappear or change to something else. I have to keep going back and fixing that too.

It's a little like a frustrating game of whack-a-mole.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This has been happening to me as well. Especially when using the app. Also when I try to select a shipping policy, I'm seeing policies populate followed by a string of letters and numbers that I didn't create. I am having better luck on the browser, but even then it sometimes switches back to a different policy and I have to go through the process again. I am going into each of my policies and updating them and saving them again. Maybe that will help? Who knows!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is an app issue in my case(s). Still happening 7/19/23. I found an old thread from a while back where Ebay said they were doing tests? Shocker, when aren't they doing test?! Just stop with the tests already unless they are absolutely necessary. The shipping option I was looking for was the USPS flat rate bubble envelope. Great for shipping low top Vans and Chucks. Trying to save my customers money. My guess is Ebay wants you to uses the more expensive shipping options to get a bigger commission. The work around is to go on the website directly and the option is there in my experience. I have also found changing the weight can get the shipping option to pop up. Put a lower weight, the option may show up. Choose it and THEN go back and change the weight. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It seems to me that the option disappears when the size of the object is large.  Anyone else notice this?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@darien_marconi wrote:

It seems to me that the option disappears when the size of the object is large.  Anyone else notice this?

Which option is disappearing specifically @darien_marconi ? There are many services that will disappear if you enter dimensions that exceed the max dimensions that service allows.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The list does not show the USPS boxes if your dimensions are larger than the boxes.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply