cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Mis quote , paying the difference, Showing on transaction summary ,ship cost adj, ie. To HI

This is not the first time , but it is first totally screwed up order that I saw coming ,  from Hawaii buy any item go to checkout it will go thru , then you will receive a notification from seller saying I need $$$ additional to ship your order . 
As of this post I've paid the requested $$ shipping  asap abs usually thru oay pal knowing that I didn't want tongobthstvroute but I also wanted to get my order as soon as I could , As many times as this has been the case I've yet to see any way to correct the shipping error on the transaction receipt from eBay so in the event that your order gets sold to another buyer or the seller  screwed up  your order , until there is a way to correct the receipt of sale to show you paid 100$ shipping instead of 60 $ you can bet you won't be reimbursed  even if you have documentation showing abs proving the payment of additional $ for  shipping , dialog with admission of fault abs dialog regarding information that should be considered when making a decision in matters like this , especially when it comes down to character abs profile rating , because it seems  there is a possibility that a refund  may not have been awarded same case details , if in fact eBay chose not to extend to me the courtesy ,in addition to that  not allow you the recourse to give abd get all the details that decide the " money back guareentee . I wrote them at least 4-5 feedback pages to get more detailed explanation , still not a word , on top of play by play account of the concern and the prediction , communication ?? What for , wgat ate your rights if it's not eBay policy to consider ?  I know I'm not the only one !  But if this goes in acknowledged sadly I will have boycott this app  after spending countless amounts of money here !  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping Mis quote , paying the difference, Showing on transaction summary ,ship cost adj, ie. To HI

@mananamen42 

A seller is not supposed to ask more for shipping, unless the buyer wants a shipping upgrade.

Buyer is only required to pay the shipping charge that is shown in the listing and if the seller screwed up, they make up the difference.

Since you went outside of Ebay to pay more for the shipping, there's no way they can make the seller pay that back.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mananamen42 

In the future, respond to sellers that you've paid (or will pay) the amount as shown in the listing and you do not owe nor can the seller collect more. Let the seller know they should ship by the method stated in the listing and at the price shown in the listing.

If the seller underestimated shipping costs, that's on him. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 3
latest reply