Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Listing to Facebook Error

devon@ebay 

@paulibeverlyhills 

@bigbondy 

The thread here has been closed due to the age:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Sharing-Listing-to-Facebook-Error/m-p/342... 

I hope that we can continue our discussion here in this new thread that I just started. 

FYI here is a screenshot of the response from eBay Community staff earlier this morning in the now-closed thread.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 101940.png

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

devon@ebay 

@paulibeverlyhills 

@bigbondy 

The thread here has been closed due to the age:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Sharing-Listing-to-Facebook-Error/m-p/342... 

I hope that we can continue our discussion here in this new thread that I just started. 

FYI here is a screenshot of the response from eBay Community staff earlier this morning in the now-closed thread.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 101940.png

Hey @mcdougle4248! There is a sitewide ticket now open on this issue under ALERT15184. If any  seller is running into this please reach out to customer support and have your account added to the ticket to be used as examples for our Tech team.

Devon,
eBay
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thank you! I will contact customer support.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

What's the best way to contact support? I just contacted them about this issue and they didn't say anything about it being an ongoing issue. 
I had my Facebook account linked and had JUST done my first post through it and then came back to eBay a few days later and it was unlinked.

I've also been completely unable to add Instagram even though they are all linked as well. I get the same message that I now get with Facebook - must be the same error.

They told me to unlink it through Facebook but I can't find anywhere in my Facebook account where it's even linked to eBay. I was unable to complete the chat; is there a quicker way to report this?

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@tori_729 

You can try contacting eBay through their Facebook page. The eBay staff there are more knowledgeable and helpful compared to when going through the normal customer service. Send a private message and ask for your eBay account to be added to ALERT 15184 (this is the tech ticket for this issue). 

Here is the eBay Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/   

I can see my FB linked to eBay Social here:

https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=business_tools 

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

I also have an issue with eBay Social. Previously, I successfully connected my Facebook page and was able to share posts seamlessly through the platform. However, I recently noticed that the connection has been disconnected, and despite my attempts, I have been unable to reconnect it.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@partslandjapan 

Please be sure to contact eBay customer service and ask them to add your account to ALERT15184.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Thank you for that link to find the connection on Facebook! I was looking everywhere. 😂

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

@heirloomangel 

You are wecome. Glad it helped!

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Same issue, links all other socials just not Fb.  

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Any updates on this issue yet?

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

It would be REALLY nice if they would keep us posted. 

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Any updates on this issue yet?

Hey @mcdougle4248! It looks like this is still a sitewide ticket open on this and I will reach out to the Tech team to see if there is any status update to share.

Devon,
eBay
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thank you!

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

It looks like eBay has placed a banner on the Social page to communicate with sellers about this issue. Unfortunately, the banner communication gives us no insight as to when the issue is expected to be resolved 😣

Screenshot 2024-02-29 065254.png

Message 15 of 36
latest reply