cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an offer error: "There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached"

This error has been reported since 2021 yet I consistently receive it when I am responding to a customer who has requested me to send them an offer. My work around has been to lower the price for them along with a message. Am I doing something wrong, and does anyone else have the same experience? It's such a time waster for me. This happens on my laptop, I do not use the phone app.

Many thanks, Katharine

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sending an offer error: "There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached"

Hi, I have been dealing with this issue for a long time too. I call Ebay and after acting surprised and saying they never heard of this issue... they will open a ticket for alleged "tech team". They always promise to follow up, but of course that never happens. So yes, I encounter this problem weekly and I see no way to find a fix. 

Ebay tech department and Ebay inrfastructure is shockingly bad that they will not address the issue or even communicate that there is an issue.

Has anybody else noticed how watered down Ebay customer service has gotten?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I encounter this problem weekly and I see no way to find a fix.

Are you normally able to send out offers, and have them accepted by other buyers?

If so, I wonder if there is a problem at the buyer's end preventing the buyer from receiving offers. Perhaps the buyer is ineligible to receive an offer from you -- either already having received an offer, or having opted out of offers entirely -- or else something else about the buyer's account prevents that offer from being made.

If when you lower the price of the item that buyer is able to make a purchase, that would indicate that the buyer meets all your buyer requirements.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply