cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential buyer can't place a bid on my item, says they receive the message that I don't have Paypal

I've had a potential buyer message me that they tried to place a bid on one of my items & they get a message stating I don't have Paypal.  I called customer service & they said that eBay is having technical issues & are working on this problem.  The customer service went into my listing that the bidder couldn't place a bid on & said that my listing was set up to receive Paypal.  She then advised me to contact the bidder & have them call customer service to see if the issue is on their end.  (I messaged this to potential customer this a.m. & haven't heard back from them.  Concerned that bidder may think this is a "red flag" & that I'm not telling the truth or don't want to be hassled with calling customer service.)  When I asked how long this problem has been going on she told me since yesterday a.m. & that technicians are working to fix the problem.  I'm concerned because I don't know how many other people have tried to bid & couldn't (or possibly even try to buy something & couldn't).  I wouldn't have even known about this problem if the person hadn't contacted me saying they couldn't bid on one of my items.  Was wondering if anyone else has had this happen????  I have no way of knowing if this problem has been fixed???? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Potential buyer can't place a bid on my item, says they receive the message that I don't have Paypal

That message is usually because the buyer does not have their ebay and paypal account linked. 

IF you have your buyer prefrences set to block bidders without a paypal account, which I suggest you do, then buyers receive an error message.  

https://pages.ebay.com/help/account/link-paypal.html

Try sharing this information with the buyer.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply