cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are not available at this time

I get this message whenever I hover over the Ebay bell, and have gotten this same message for at least a week now.  It used to be a quick feature for keeping up on watched items that end soon, items that I have sold that need to be shipped, and items that I had bought that have shipped. All of this info is still available, but with a little more leg work than before. Has Ebay done away with this quick info feature? it seems this has happened several times before, and without warning, appears again. All I can do is hope it reappears I guess, unless someone has inside knowledge of this issue.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Same here. It is bad enough that they cancelled the old selling page were one could see all with a screen that you did not have to use the bottom slide, now they provide features that do half the job and do not work at all now.  Maybe if I say, goddam **bleep** fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 something will get reported to be fixed.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I hope you're right that cursing throws a flag to someone that knows how to correct this issue. I get the feeling, without knowing what goes on behind the scenes at Ebay, that whoever is trying to resolve some of the issues, that seem to be piling up more than ever lately, is creating more problems without knowing it. I can't believe the amount of negative feedback since I last visited the community last spring during managed payment times.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I already posted about this on 11/10. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Notifications-Are-Not-Working/m-p/32465480...  But eBay does not care or do anything about it, their shills just come on here and act like it is your fault and your device. Then if you curse their joke loser mods ban you for a week. eBay has become the saddest and most pathetic company out there and that is hard to do.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hello any mods around??? I'm having this problem too and it's not going away. It basically started once ebay start messing with UI (they bewilderingly moved the sell button to the opposite side)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I just noticed that notifications work while in a store but nowhere else, **bleep**???

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It is not eBay at least not if you have new equipment.  All my problems were solved when I ditched my archaic computer and got a newer model with windows 10. Notifications are back and I can upload tracking numbers for folks who get their items shipped in one package. Both problems were because of my old operating system, ebay refused to say it was the problem. Just tell folks the truth ebay, you upgrade so should everyone else too to keep up. One rep told me to use my phone!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

ya windows 10 will fix it... I'll just keep my "archaic computer", thanks.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

the problem is the referrer.

If you are like me and have high security lockdown on your browser, the referrer gets blocked. allowing the referrer fixed it for me, no need to buy a "new computer with windows 10" lol!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

This is why I use the A store for some of my needs unless it's something old which they don't have.  At least you'll have your back with them. I mean at least they'll have your back for the most part if you contact the seller first THEN go thru them otherwise your just being a jerk more so then the seller if something isn't working right.   You see there's a correct way of complaining and the wrong way of complaining one which will get you nowhere fast. 

Here on Ebay I've had success if you go thru an actual store vs an seller which is more aka to a flea market you cannot physically assess nor power something on to see it doesn't catch fire the first try.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply