cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my listing - seems to be an issue with my account

I keep getting a warning message that I have reached my limit - which was impossible I have only isted 10 new things for the month. I increased my limit and I am still getting this message.  It is saying that I reached my max of 2,000 listed items - I do not have 2,000 items in my store I hover around 200 -250 items. 

Also, if you look at the second image below the warning, you can see for Feb 1 - Mar 1 - I should still have 954 items I should be able to list for the month.

Error message.jpgIMG_6644.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mr.pauls-sell*em_all 

I looked at your completed-items list, and I saw that you had ended a bunch of listings early today, Feb 8. They mostly don't show up in the completed-items search at all, so I'm surprised that they were visible. They may disappear shortly.

Have you ended a lot of listings early? Your number of items listed this month includes all the listings that you started in February so far, plus any that were listed in previous months and have already renewed in February, which would mean all listings that were started on the 1st through 7th (or 8th) days of earlier months that have already renewed.

So if you ended a bunch of listings early, after they had already renewed for February, they would be counted towards your February limits as well. It's impossible for us to be able to quantify how many listings you have ended early, because they don't show up in completed-items search. It's hard to see how that could get you up to a total of 2,000 items listed, but you never know.

The number 954, as shown in your screenshot, is how many free-insertion-fee listings are left from your store subscription. That doesn't have anything to do with your listing/selling limits. You need to just ignore your subscription listings numbers at the moment. You can't use that number in any way to figure out how many listings were used towards your listing limits.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Subscribing to a store does not increase your listing limits. From the store terms of use, agreed to before you sign up:

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings associated with your particular eBay Store subscription.

Info is at the top in the NOTE under section 1.

To learn more about the listing limits on your account, visit this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

You have listing limits on both quantity of items and $$ value of listings. It's cumulative, applied to all active items and sold items, not just new items you list this month. If you have 1 listing with a quantity of 10, that counts as 10 items towards your monthly limit.

You currently have 221 active listings, and 5 sold listings for February, total 226. It looks like one-offs, I'm not immediately spotting any multi quantity listings. So it could be possible you hit your dollar limit.

Check the limits page linked above, it should show you where you are with your item and dollar limits for the month and give you an indication if you reached those limits or if there's an error.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Limits page is saying, Currently, you've listed or sold 2,222 items of your 2,000 monthly limit.  You can list or sell up to $9,858.46 more to reach your $56,000.00 monthly limit.  (But I  don't have 2,222 items.)  

So the  2,222 items - are active listings + solds - for my month? So February, total 226 - 954 I can list = 728 items I can list for the month still.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Looks like there might be a tech error in play. You should contact customer service. You can either go through that listing limits page I linked above, use the chatbot on the bottom, type agent and keep selecting 'something else' prompts until it presents you with the option to speak with an agent, or if you have any social accounts you can send a DM to one of eBay's social CS teams: ebayforbusiness on facebook, ebayforsellers on insta, askebay on X

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mr.pauls-sell*em_all 

I looked at your completed-items list, and I saw that you had ended a bunch of listings early today, Feb 8. They mostly don't show up in the completed-items search at all, so I'm surprised that they were visible. They may disappear shortly.

Have you ended a lot of listings early? Your number of items listed this month includes all the listings that you started in February so far, plus any that were listed in previous months and have already renewed in February, which would mean all listings that were started on the 1st through 7th (or 8th) days of earlier months that have already renewed.

So if you ended a bunch of listings early, after they had already renewed for February, they would be counted towards your February limits as well. It's impossible for us to be able to quantify how many listings you have ended early, because they don't show up in completed-items search. It's hard to see how that could get you up to a total of 2,000 items listed, but you never know.

The number 954, as shown in your screenshot, is how many free-insertion-fee listings are left from your store subscription. That doesn't have anything to do with your listing/selling limits. You need to just ignore your subscription listings numbers at the moment. You can't use that number in any way to figure out how many listings were used towards your listing limits.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Figured it out - when I was listing yesterday, I accidently clicked into quantity  typed 1999 thinking it was the price. When I hit list it mentioned you haven't add a price? I was confused for a second and retyped 19.99 and listed it.  But didn't notice the quantity-so thats what was I hit the max for the month.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Whoops! 😮

Yeah, that explains it!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply