cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the original Classic View available again; if so please post a link or details how to get it back

I read in earlier threads (that are now closed for comments) that the original Classic View is available again, but the steps they gave to access Classic View do not work. Questions:

1) Is the original Classic View available again?

2) If so, please post the exact link, or if that's not possible, please give exact instructions how to get to Classic View.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Is the original Classic View available again; if so please post a link or details how to get it back

Classic view of what?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If you search for "classic view," there are over 1,000 results due to so many complaints about it being taken away some years ago and making it so complicated to view/find all your eBay info on one screen.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

"Classic  view of what?"

With all due reference to @eburtonlab for posting this first. (Especially since I could not find a way to post the question without getting rude about it.)

We can't help you without an answer. We need to know what classic view you are trying to access.

Sheesh. Why is this like pulling teeth? We should not have to beg for clarification.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It was a summary page of the most frequently used eBay activities that was dumped by eBay in 2019. It was very convenient to have so many options and links on one page, rather than have to keep going from page to page to find basic info. Here's a link to one of the many threads about it https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Classic-View/m-p/30342286#M63335 and here's a screenshot of one of your posts about it.

classic view msg.JPG

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

It was a summary page of the most frequently used eBay activities such as All Selling, Sold, Unsold, Purchases, Feedback, similar to My Selling Overview but with much much more. It provided useful graphics so that you had everything accessible on the Classic View page. This eliminated a lot of stress and frustration as there was no need to  have to keep going from page to page to find things. Classic View was discontinued by eBay in 2019. There was a huge uproar by many. I saw some recent messages/pleas to reinstate it, and that prompted my message, but as far as I can tell, Classic View was never restored.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@goodtreats wrote:

Classic View was discontinued by eBay in 2019. There was a huge uproar by many. I saw some recent messages/pleas to reinstate it, and that prompted my message, but as far as I can tell, Classic View was never restored.

Correct; it's gone for good.

We can direct you to the more recent version of My eBay All Selling (which was integrated into Seller Hub) or directly to Seller Hub which has many more options/features, but the "classic view" separate from the Hub that was retired several years ago is not coming back.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Since Classic View is gone forever,  the next best page I have found is the "My eBay Active" page, but it does not include a link in the left-hand column to "Feedback." Is there a way to add "Feedback" (or else "Leave Feedback") as an option to the left-hand column?  Thank you.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I'm not that familiar with the nuances of the My eBay pages, but you may find it helpful to bookmark this link @goodtreats : https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/leave_feedback

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I took a look at the My eBay Sold page and there is a large leave feedback button at the top.

https://www.ebay.com/mys/sold

I can't imagine eBay would add a feedback link to the "active" listings page when it already exists on the "sold" listings page since you'd only be leaving FB for sold items.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I took a look at the My eBay Sold page and there is a large leave feedback button at the top.

https://www.ebay.com/mys/sold

I can't imagine eBay would add a feedback link to the "active" listings page when it already exists on the "sold" listings page since you'd only be leaving FB for sold items.

That was the beauty of Classic View: you could do everything on one page. Sometimes when I'm looking at active listings, I want to look at feedback. It was very convenient and saved time to have that link and all other useful links on one page. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Good idea. Thanks.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The loss of that screen had a lot to do with me hanging up the selling here. As others have said, it was so easy and comprehensive to use and see what was going on at one glance. Seller hub by contrast just made things painful.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply