cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think my seller account has been deleted for activity - how do I get it back?

I haven't listed anything on ebay for around 10 years.  I have an account that I used for selling, had numerous feedbacks, perfect rating etc, but can no longer log in with it. 

I suspect it has been deleted for inactivity??  Is there a way I can get it back?

Right now if I try to login with it I first get challenged by captchas.  I pass those then get to a screen asking me for my username or email (again).  I enter my username.  There is no prompt yet for a password but after I press the continue button it just says "!Oops, that's not a match".  Ive tried multiple browsers on this PC and the same thing keeps happening.  But I can log in fine with my buyer account fine.  This suggests to me that my seller account no longer even exists 😞

Is there someone in tech or administration that I can go to for help to get my seller account back?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you have not used your eBay account in ten years, and you get an error when trying to sign in using that username or email address, then the inactive account may have been deleted to prevent it from being hijacked.

Several years ago there was a breach at eBay and eBay sent messages to users requiring them to change passwords. Users that did not change passwords within a certain amount of time had accounts deleted for security reasons.

If you are able to register a new account using the old email address or username, that would be a good indication that the old account is gone.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks.  That is what I feared (about it being deleted).  Been too busy/no need to sell anything during last 10 years or so but had some things lying around I could sell for decent $ now so was going to revisit ebay.  Major bummer about losing my account/feedbacks. Oh well.  I give up...

Oddly I never received anything about needing to change my password for my buyer account (this one), haven't changed the password, yet it still works.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You do know there is no rule against selling from a buying account, right?  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

My original account got deleted too after I hadn't used it for several years. I had to start over again with a new account. I wish I hadn't lost my original account, but oh well. Life happens.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, sure sucks to have to start over with no feedback plus restrictions after losing well over 1000.

But, things have changed so much that beginning as a newbie is almost more suitable.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Of course.  But there are important reasons to keep those separate.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Right, & they probably never sent an email.

I don't trust this company at all.

You know we are in a war right? It's called WWIII & they are tearing down the economy?

I'm almost 100% positive that's why so many people's accounts are being closed down.

My friend's got closed down for no reason at all & her inactivity was maybe a year.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply