cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable the double sign in feature?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

2FA = 2 Factor Authorization.

Which flavor do you have? Token or SMS? Do you get a text message when you sign on?<- eBay 2FA.

Does it only happen when you buy? (PayPal 2FA) <- If this, talk to paypal.

Well, in any case, eBay's documentation on this is hard to find and eBay does not seem to be fixed on a method (presently, they recommend the SMS text method).

You might be better off to contact eBay Customer Service (I suggest the social site contact)...

You can call eBay or contact them on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

For the social sites...Give only your userid and a description of the issue. Do not include any personal info. eBay will contact you though your email address or tell you how to contact them directly.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

thank you, once the holidays are over I'll try your suggestions. it seems that every time i want to make a shipping label i have to sign in with a text from my phone and it's very inconvenient. i regret accepting the double verification.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Do as you like, but the extra time spent on 2FA is time well spent. A nuisance, sure, but you are protected from account takeover. This is becoming more and more important.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply