cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Holiday glitch

EBay notification -  item as delivered

Purchase history- STATES item as delivered

The USPS tracking site & review of tracking available on eBay currently indicates package as missent, currently located in another state, & not delivered.

Certainly far from good performance from a global tech company

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Happy Holiday glitch

Should the package subsequently become lost, hope I can convince eBay to recognize & accept the carrier record & not utilize ebay's flawed & contradictory determination.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Happy Holiday glitch

@ed8108,

eBay does not have fulfillment centers and does not ship anything. They also are not responsible for a seller's possible shipping mistake. 

The packages current location has nothing to do with eBay, it has to do with the P.O.. Your only concerns should be if it has been stuck in one location without a "In route to next facility" message on the tracking, or showing receipt by a local P.O. in that area. If the package seems stuck file a missing package claim with the USPS.

"Should the package subsequently become lost, hope I can convince eBay to recognize & accept the carrier record & not utilize ebay's flawed & contradictory determination".

If it appears the package is going to be, or gets delivered in that state, You can go to your P.O. and get the shipping information. If it is delivered to an address in a different state, get that info in writing on USPS stationary.  eBay's automated system only recognizes a delivery scan.  It does not know whether that address is the correct one or not.  If the package does get lost/stuck, you can file an Item Not Received dispute, and without a delivery scan it would close in your favor.  However either filing a missing package claim yourself or asking the seller to file one, would be appropriate before opening a dispute.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Happy Holiday glitch

There is no evidence that the seller has made a shipping mistake.

The PO indicates the package to be present within one of their shipping facilities.

EBay contradicts the carrier information available on the official USPS web site & the USPS tracking information available for this mail article on ebay.

Ebay has recorded the mail article as having been delivered.

PO records do not reflect the mail article as delivered.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Happy Holiday glitch

EBay has made and recorded a determination that the mail article has been delivered, however there is no available support existing from USPS, for that determination. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Happy Holiday glitch

@ed8108 wrote:

EBay notification -  item as delivered

Purchase history- STATES item as delivered

The USPS tracking site & review of tracking available on eBay currently indicates package as missent, currently located in another state, & not delivered.

@ed8108 

I can't seem to visualize what you're trying to describe in your post. Could you post some snippets/screenshots of the eBay notification that says "item as delivered," and the Purchase History that "STATES item as delivered," and the USPS tracking, and the "tracking available on eBay" that both indicate "package as missent"?

And, just to get in clear in my mind, to you mean "item IS delivered?" I'm not sure what "item AS delivered" means.

It's not early in the morning, but I did skip drinking coffee today. Maybe that's not such a good idea. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Happy Holiday glitch

Screenshot_2019-12-22-16-38-41.png

Screenshot_2019-12-22-16-36-58.png

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Happy Holiday glitch

EBay notification

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Happy Holiday glitch

On Dec 21 at 8:23 pm the package was at a USPS Albany facility, although ebay has this mail article recorded as delivered.

USPS tracking at this time has the mail article status as not delivered, to which I am in agreement.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply