cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSP Shipping Program Vanished Without Any Warning!!!

A seller asked me today if I shipped internationally.  I thought it was weird, because I had GSP enabled on most of my items.  I went to check and all of my GSP shipping policies were gone, and my items had been move to non-GSP policies.

I had even sold a GSP item just last week and received the notice on Thursday that it had shipped from the GSP center. 

Sometime with the last 7 days, E-Bay just made the GSP program vanish, and changed my shipping policies without any advanced notice!  I knew they were going that way with EIS, but I thought they might at least notify you or tell you it was happening by a certain date!!!

My husband checked his account, and the same had happened to him.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay has replaced Global Shipping Program with a new program called International Shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I should add too, that back in October of last year, E-Bay had just automatically removed my account from GSP and put it into International Shipping without any notification.  I opted out of that program because it was terrible.  I was able to go to the GPS Opt In at the time, and was reenrolled into GSP.  However, I went to that same link now, and the page is gone.  So it doesn't appear that you can enroll in GSP again this time.

I refuse to use EIS because it is on for all your items.  You can't choose which items are excluded.  This is an issue because I know I have some items that can't be exported, but E-Bay turns on EIS anyways, and I have to keep canceling orders (because everyone wants to try to buy items banned in their country) for "problem with address". 

I also don't want to offer it on high dollar items where the risk of fraud is too great.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, but you have no control over which items are offered internationally with that program.  It is all or none, where with GSP, you could choose which items are offered.

It is an unacceptable substitute, at least for me.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@wills_thrill wrote:

Yes, but you have no control over which items are offered internationally with that program.  It is all or none, where with GSP, you could choose which items are offered.

It is an unacceptable substitute, at least for me.

You can exclude listings from EIS if you wish to pick and choose.

slippinjimmy_0-1681770329542.png

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@wills_thrill wrote:

I also don't want to offer it on high dollar items where the risk of fraud is too great.

How would eIS's protection policies not help you here?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply