cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay can't process payments

I've tried two credit cards and Paypal and Ebay is not able to process payments in each case.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for continuing to pursue this.  I've since made other successful payments to other sellers, so it must be a seller's issue.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@brant3t6m 

I notice you are registered in Canada, but posting on ebay.com.

Have you tried purchasing on ebay.ca? Not sure that it matters, but it might be worth trying if you are having problems using a new card on the US site.

When you say "not able to process payments", what exactly is happening? Where in the process are you getting stuck, or what error message are you seeing?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Exact same thing with me. Hope it gets resolved asap

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I am purchasing on ebay.ca.  Tried again but always get the message: 

Sorry, this payment option isn't available. Here are your options:

Select a different payment option.
Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue.

Trying a different payment option gives the same result, without the note to contact PayPal

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@brant3t6m 

Is the seller new to selling, or located in a different country? The seller may not be set up to receive payment from a Canadian bank.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The seller is in China and does not seem to be new to selling (member since Apr 23, 2019) and accepts PayPal, which is what I'm using.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@brant3t6m 

The seller is in China and does not seem to be new to selling (member since Apr 23, 2019) and accepts PayPal, which is what I'm using.

What sorts of items is that seller selling, and what does the "feedback as a seller" look like? How long has the seller been selling the same sorts of items?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for continuing to pursue this.  I've since made other successful payments to other sellers, so it must be a seller's issue.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You are welcome. Glad to hear you were able to make a payment to another seller successfully. It certainly sounds like the problem is on your original seller's end.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply