cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have trouble with price in the listing tool?

Past 3-4 days I have issue with pricing section. The price doesn’t save and tool constantly calls for price. I close draft and open in the app and am able to input price there.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Generally when something like that happens it's because there's a lag while another section of the form is saving the data you input, so it will kick out anything new entered before it could finish saving. Pausing for a moment after you finish entering data before moving on to the next section can help (but it sucks because it takes for-e-ver).

The general suggestion is to use the link at the top right to submit comments. The developers are reading those comments and making adjustments, so if you see performance lagging in certain areas that's the best place to report it.

To answer your question directly: yes, I'm seeing that issue occur with price field, with item specifics and more.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

No it is not temporary. I listed a lot for the past couple of days at different times and I did wait - you have no choice scrolling through the long form of specifics and description and shipping and return to hit LIST button. I couldn’t insert price at all. I had to use app to insert price to finish listing and there was no problem with saving something else. Why app works but website doesn’t? I was wondering if it was website issue but I am never going to find out since thread deamplified in this board

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Have you seen reports where price won't stick @shipscript per the few posts above?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Everything you mentioned in your post is good advice.

I have not seen the disappearing price issue, but I have experienced the disappearing SKU issue. To solve that one, I previewed the listing, which forced one extra save, and that made the SKU stick.

Please let me know if preview does anything for the price.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I have seen it a week or 3 ago but at that time I didn’t have issue with it. I had that issue before and what worked was saving draft without price and restart draft and input price and list. This time this trick didn’t work. I had to reopen draft in application  to set price and list.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Try the preview option recommended above the next time and come back to let us know if that helps @partfinds.

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Nope it is not working. I input price an dgo to preview and the price is blank. Again used application to finish draft.9CE3768A-4ACD-4C00-AEFC-DDB7FC08D90A.jpeg

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Why app works but website doesn’t?

What browsers have you tried?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

My memory might be faulty, but I remember some other screenshots that showed they are using Safari on an iPad.

There have been a few iOS updates recently so OP should check to make sure their tablet is up to date.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I use firefox. I am pretty tech person. Apple has feature where everything updates automatically compared to windows os. Yes everything is up to date on my side except Ebay is unable to keep up,

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Ebay has trouble with keeping up with preferences. They sign you out while your preference is to keep you signed in. How are other companies doing it they are able to keep you signed in regardless what os you are using. I have no proble with twitter facebook logging me out  when my preference is to keep me in. Ebay turned to be very unprofessional and slow in addressing issues especially with this horrible listing tool. They hide the threads to prevent anyone or maybe boss from seeing how many problems are coming up.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Got it. Yeah, I have an iPad, too. Everything updates automatically except iOS but that's usually because I don't have it plugged in overnight, so I wasn't discounting that as a possibility.

I haven't had problems staying logged in. I assume you've already ruled out the usual - cookie settings, VPN, etc?

If you want to get eyes on an issue you can tag Kyle, Elizabeth or Devon and ask them to see if the dev team working on the listing tool has any additional suggestions or insight on the price not sticking. Best to tell them what you've already tried in a bullet point list so they don't come back with stuff you've already done, like clearing cookies/cache, trying a different browser, etc.

Speaking of, have you tried a different browser? Can you get the price to stick if you use Safari? If you can pinpoint an issue to a specific browser then get that browser version & OS version to eBay they can focus on a fix.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

The issue with price not sticking in draft/ disappearing came back. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Price of new listings created from scratch or sell similar from other sellers listings won’t save in the price box. It won’t allow me to list and it won’t save price in listing for the past 2 days. I use ipad pro 12” - firefox browser.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply