cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did ebay stop accepting rewards from paypal checkout?

I don't see the option to select rewards on paypal checkout for ebay anymore. Wondering if anybody else has the same issue

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Good question. I just had the same result with 2 recent purchases and not seeing the ability to use Cap One Rewards towards payment. I have an ongoing convo with PayPal, they claim nothing has changed, Cap One says the same thing at their end.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

What are "rewards on paypal checkout for eBay"?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

When you select "paypal" when checking out on ebay if your credit cards have reward points, you're able to select the points to redeem them on a purchase

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Was this a buy-it-now purchase, or a bid or offer that requires a payment method in advance?

The latter may have different requirements and rewards points might not be eligible for a reversible payment hold situation.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

It was a buy it now purchase

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I have been able to use the rewards on Buy It Now purchases and the Auction purchases for some time, when I had $$ available. The only time it wasn't available was for the Best Offer sales that require immediate payment set up with the offer. That I get, but the regular purchases have somehow suddenly stopped giving the option for the PayPal checkout. PayPal now says the Capital One may somehow have a say in when the offer is available. Seems odd to me,

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I have other cards like Wells Fargo too linked to my paypal, but even those are not showing up. None of the credit card rewards are showing up in the paypal checkout

Edit: Did paypal tell you anything about the issue? They've been unable to help me so far

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

In having a "chat: with PayPal, they say the system is working OK as it should, no known issues. I do show the Cap One Rewards amount on my PayPal account page. PayPal seems to point it back to the bank as being the restriction somehow. Capital One says otherwise, that the rewards $$ are there to be used as needed when linked to PayPal. Used PayPal for an auction win last night, no Rewards $$ showing in the checkout window again. Something is messed up somewhere....

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Just made another eBay purchase today, using the usual PayPal checkout and again, none of my Rewards points are available to use for payment. Still not working as it did for months prior. I did make a purchase on Etsy last week and my Rewards points show up on their checkout, so this issue has to be with eBay somehow.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I stumbled across your post and thought hmmmm, as a couple days ago I was checking my reward points for using my CC (not capital one) through pp and seemed like they were not adding up, so the next couple of times I was printing postage I combed over it to see what may be happening....and what I found was unbeknown to me that somewhere along the line ebay had changed the method of payment from PP to ebays current balance system, a change I did not do nor ask for. Now this was within the last couple days, so I am going to keep a close eye on seeing if the points will begin adding back up to where they used to be. I also have to ask in regards to "Paypal Checkout" does that mean there is a way to incorporate it into my store and dump the faulty shopping cart altogether? Nothing would make me happier! 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Having the same issue.
Capital One and Wells Fargo are not showing up for Buy Now in Ebay but the available rewards are shown when logging in directly to paypal.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

For anyone else having the same issue I just found a fix that worked for me.
In Paypal under "Money Banks and Cards" select "edit" for the card with the rewards. Where it shows the rewards select "see details". Select "Stop using cash back with PayPal". Once done re-enable. Restart checkout in Ebay and voila rewards available again.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

I just checked my credit card on PayPal and confirmed the rewards were linked. Made an Ebay purchase earlier today and the awards are still not available to claim. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Tried this and it didn't resolve the problem for me.  Capital One rewards are still not seen when purchasing on eBay but works in all others.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply