cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a tracking number to a sale

This has been driving me crazy all afternoon! I had a buyer purchase one item from me, and then after a back-and-forth message conversation about combining shipping/getting a discount if they bought more than one thing, they purchased another one. I shipped them out today in a single box, but every time I try to add the tracking number to the second sale, it won't "stick" even though when I go to "Add tracking number," it opens with the correct tracking number already populated in the fields. When I choose "Save and Continue," it validates the information and then shows the correct tracking number added on the Orders page, but the moment I leave that page it disappears and the item remains in "Awaiting Shipment."

I've tried adding the tracking number on two different computers to see if it was a glitch on mine, but I get the same results every time. This is really bothering me because I don't want my shipping metrics dinged all because the system won't register the tracking number I added!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

After you have entered the tracking number (which, as you pointed out, may already have been pre-entered), go back to your listing, and click on the "Mark as shipped" icon.

That should take care of it.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

After you have entered the tracking number (which, as you pointed out, may already have been pre-entered), go back to your listing, and click on the "Mark as shipped" icon.

That should take care of it.

I actually see that the tracking number has been accepted and added now-- more than three hours after I initially tried to make it go through, so there's clearly some sort of technical delay happening between the tracking number being entered and eBay accepting and adding it to the listing.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This glitch has been on and off lately @yuzuha. As long as you see the tracking number is already populated when you hit the add tracking button (which you said was happening) then you're fine. 👍

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have the same problem.  Bought shipping label from Piratship on May 1st and shipped that morning.  Added the tracking number manually to the order which consisted of 17 items.   It is now the 4th and ebays order page is still showing that package as not shipped.  I have called CS and they told me not to worry about it, that it is a glitch they are aware of.  Well, my sales have dipped drastically since the 1st, and woke up this morning to no overnight sales.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

They will ding you because ebay operates in the box and if your situation doesn't fit in the box, then the problem is you, not ebay. Just ask ebay. They have all the boxes figured out. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply