cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Retract Bid - Timeout Error

The Retract Bid page times out after attempting to retract a bid under any option selected.

Raised this with the Live Chat and the only options given were to Contact the seller to retract (they won't)  OR Win the auction and not pay.

Auction has 4 days left, I am within the rules (incorrect amt entered)  however the system seems to not respond to the request  (tried via Mobile, PC & Different Wifi)

I'd rather not have a blemish on my profile for not paying  Nor the negative feedback

PLEASE FIX

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I see you are registered in Australia, but you are posting on the US ebay.com discussion boards.

Are you bidding and retracting on ebay.com or ebay.com.au?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ebay.com.au    apologies  i'll find a separate forum unless you happen to know a fix?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have not seen any other posts about this subject.

It might be worth posting on this topic on the Australian eBay discussion boards just in case there is a site-wide issue involved:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/Technicalissues

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm in AU and very recently had the same problem. I could not retract my bid via the app or on Chrome or Safari web browsers (both web or mobile versions), even with VPN. The request would keep timing out.

However, Firefox web browser + VPN worked on the first attempt. 👍

Message 5 of 5
latest reply