cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellations requests not going thru now!

What's up with this new issue! I put in to cancel an order "out of stock," initiated this hours ago and Seller Hub shows in "print labels & ship," it's still their I click on awaiting shipment it's not there. I go to "open cancellations," it's still open and has not been cancelled & it's also not came out of Paypal to refund the buyer. It has never taken this long to close a cancellation so a buyer can receive their money back! I have plenty of funds in PP to cover this, so that's not a factor. Something is wrong here on Ebay's end. I don't dare go in and refund thru PP and risk the buyer getting refunded again when Ebay's system finally decides to WAKE UP! Seriously what's going on with your IT department. IT everywhere else is advancing, but yet here it's going backwards! No wonder ebay is losing money. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@purple-rain-store   They are probably prepping for the Early Spring Update and have the site tied up in knots with updates and changes.  I know that normally I get an eBay Message in my Inbox that the Cancellation was completed and the Buyer is being refunded.

The fact that you processed an OOS cancellation could be affecting your account, I understand those are not good ones ... do you have a lot of those?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No I do not have a lot of "out of stock," cancellations. 

1 of 1,240 transactions for being out of stock. So no

not the issue. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

After reading several other posts about PP payments, I'm starting to think it's got something to do with Ebay & Paypal having issues software related or something. Refund has to go thru for it to leave "open Cancellations," &something tech. wise is stopping that from happening so it will move to "cancelled." Just a guess, since I've never seen this occur & many other's are stating having issues paying with Paypal now here thru Ebay. So it most likely could also be affecting handling cancellations/refunds as well.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It's not just you. I have the same thing going on. As the seller I had to cancel an order yesterday, as of today I'm still waiting for it to go through. Go into paypal and payment is still there, hasn't been refunded. Rarely get these and then today, as soon as the person buys the item they put in a request to cancel and so I accepted it and once again, looks like I'm waiting for it to get processed. I rarely get these requests to cancel and in less than 24 hours I get two! I sure hope ebay/paypal gets this fixed, it has never taken this long, usually over in 5 to 10 minutes.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Sorry it's happening to you as well! I finally reached out to Ebay For Business with screenshots of the issue and hope they can get it to cancel. I've also reached out to the buyer and provided her screenshots as well explaining the situation & of course apologizing to her for being out of stock. Just crazy to see this happening! First time ever I've seen this happen!  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I called as well. I was told the first cancellation paid by debit card and it will take 10 days to complete. Was told that the second one will take 24 to  48 hours. Guessing they paid with a balance. I asked her what's going on with this, it's ridiculous and use to take 5 or so minutes. She said I wasn't the only one that has called about this and was making some kind of request or something. Doubt it means anything nor will it get anywhere. I'm sure ebay knows full well that this is happening and it's probably being done on purpose.  I've noticed other issues too with using paypal lately. It's clear that ebay doesn't like paypal anymore and they've been pushing for other payment options so could they be intentionally making doing business with paypal as problematic as they can? It wouldn't surprise me at all, been around ebay long enough to know that they are very underhanded and arrogant and will do anything to get what they want. They better be careful with this one though, their stock is already stagnant and they can't afford to lose sellers and buyers as this affects both.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

that sounds fishy! Why all of a sudden are they making these sort of claims on handling "cancellations," sounds like placating to me. Refunds going back to a buyers Debit account is processed on the other end with Paypal and shouldn't have anything to do with Ebay closing out "cancellations." As long a a seller has the money in their PP account for PP to process it shouldn't have any effect on ebay's end to close cancellations. by the way mine is stuck in Pending. I have not gotten a reply back on Facebook yet from Ebay for Business either. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I've also pulled all my active listings off of here over 350 because I can't afford to deal with this and have buyers not getting their money back if they come and make purchases and then request to cancel and ebay is not going to even honor them in order to refund these buyers. Nor am I going to be put in the situation of having to go into PP and refund and then chance doing the cancellation afterwards, that get stuck as well and some how buyers end up getting refunded 2 times and have to fight ebay to try and get that money back, which they'd just put as discounts towards invoices where I wouldn't even want to continue doing business here to begin with if glitches are going to continue to cause me to loss more money! 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Did your's ever go thru? The one I had "open," finally went thru at about 12:52 AM this morning. So took well over 24 hrs to go into "closed!" 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply