cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Sign In or Out of Ebay with Brand New, Weird, Complicated, Incomplete Security Measure Photos

Just started at 11:45 a.m. eastern time May 7, 2024. Tried to sign out, ebay requiring "Security Measures" to sign out of my account. Went to different browser, tried to sign in new "Security Measures" . "Please Click on all Entities similar to the following pattern" Six of the Nine Panels missing. Too complicated, hard to see with no way to complete anyway.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Can't Sign In or Out of Ebay with Brand New, Weird, Complicated, Incomplete Security Measure Photos

What browser are you using? Is it the latest version?

You should have some options below the Captcha selections: Refresh, Info and "Skip". Try the first or last. If those are not working for you, try refreshing the original page.

In addition, if you use the three dot menu in the lower left of the Captcha window, you should see some options to report a bug or request a text challenge instead of images.

Or try a different browser altogether. Preferably the latest version of a popular browser with no add-ons enabled and default settings.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Oh yeah, nothing at the bottom of the captcha works. Refresh, menu, next, etc.

When you click them, nothing happens.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Oh yeah, nothing at the bottom of the captcha works. Refresh, menu, next, etc.

When you click them, nothing happens.

Try holding down the shift key and refreshing the original page.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

That's not it. eBay has loading issues today, and it's not your PC.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

eBay has loading issues today, and it's not your PC.

eBay may be having issues, but they are not impacting everyone. There may be steps that those impacted can take to bypass the problem.

I am able to sign in and out of eBay in multiple browsers without issue, in regular browsers and private or incognito browser windows.

I did encounter a problem with incomplete Captchas in Brave, but refreshing the page (not the Captcha but the entire page) while holding down the shift key allowed me to complete the Captcha successfully. A hard refresh should bypass the cached copy of the page and force the entire page to reload. Then check the "human" box to trigger a new Captcha and try again.

If you are unable to reload the page, try using the eBay logo link visible behind the Captcha window to get back to the main page and then try signing in again, or navigating to the page you need if you are already signed in.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you to everyone who replied. The issue resolved itself. BTW, there was no option to "skip" although it did say if nothing matches, click "skip". Thanks again.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I had an issue trying to open the listing portal for a while. It kept timing out. eBay must have fixed the issue because it works as usual now.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@kbcate wrote:

Just started at 11:45 a.m. eastern time May 7, 2024. Tried to sign out, ebay requiring "Security Measures" to sign out of my account. Went to different browser, tried to sign in new "Security Measures" . "Please Click on all Entities similar to the following pattern" Six of the Nine Panels missing. Too complicated, hard to see with no way to complete anyway.

Hey @kbcate! As of this morning there is a sitewide ticket open on this issue that I will have added to the Tech board here shortly. In the meantime, if yourself or others are still running into to this please reach out to customer support to have your account added to the ticket ALERT15299. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply