cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer sort active listings by views in Seller Hub

when in category sort and view boxes don't drop and only top 11 on any page show pictures, rest just data

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

brian@ebay I can confirm that in Chrome, the seller hub page for active listings no longer allows sorting by the views column.  Did not check in other browsers. Watchers and other columns are unchanged, just the views column.

I did not have any issues with the thumbnails not showing.  Not sure what "view boxes don't drop" is about.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No longer works on Internet Explorer and Chrome.

Works ok on Microsoft Edge

Can someone fix it please

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

brian@ebay I can confirm that in Chrome, the seller hub page for active listings no longer allows sorting by the views column.  Did not check in other browsers. Watchers and other columns are unchanged, just the views column.

I did not have any issues with the thumbnails not showing.  Not sure what "view boxes don't drop" is about.

Hi @dtexley3, I'm not sure if this is an intended change or site issue. I've reached out to the appropriate team for clarification about this. I'll update this thread when I have more information. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It appears this lack of sort functionality extend to search results as well.  I'm using latest version of chrome.  If you refresh the page after completing the search it then works as a temp workaround.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone! I've heard back from the Seller Hub team on this. Since the option to sort by views in Seller Hub was initially removed close to 4 years ago, it has become one of the more frequently requested features. While in the past it was not on the roadmap, the team is wanting to see what they can do to get it done for a future enhancement. To that end they have a few questions for everyone:

• Is it most useful to see the lifetime view count (as you do today)? Or would you rather be able to see the views over the last 30 days (or the last 60 or 90 days)? i.e. what time-range for the views is most useful to you?

• How old are your oldest listings? (i.e. I’m wondering how long the longest lifetime is for your active listings)
• As far as sorting and having the ability to see the listings with the least/most views at the top, would it be useful to you if the sort were based not on the current real-time view count but on the view count from one hour ago? Would it be useful if it was based on the view count from one day ago?
• Would you prefer to have advanced Views sorting in the active listings page or in the Review your traffic page? (Note that you can sort by Views in this report)
• Do you use the Review your traffic page? Is it useful?

If you provide your responses here then I'll make sure to pass them along to the Seller Hub team. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone! I've heard back from the Seller Hub team on this. Since the option to sort by views in Seller Hub was initially removed close to 4 years ago, it has become one of the more frequently requested features. While in the past it was not on the roadmap, the team is wanting to see what they can do to get it done for a future enhancement. To that end they have a few questions for everyone:

If you provide your responses here then I'll make sure to pass them along to the Seller Hub team. Thanks!

• How old are your oldest listings? (i.e. I’m wondering how long the longest lifetime is for your active listings)

90 days slight_smile

• Is it most useful to see the lifetime view count (as you do today)? Or would you rather be able to see the views over the last 30 days (or the last 60 or 90 days)? i.e. what time-range for the views is most useful to you? 

Both Lifetime & 30 days would be nice, where the "30 days" is Views since the last renewal.  

• As far as sorting and having the ability to see the listings with the least/most views at the top, would it be useful to you if the sort were based not on the current real-time view count but on the view count from one hour ago? Would it be useful if it was based on the view count from one day ago?

Realtime or 1 hr would be fine, 1 day is less useful

• Would you prefer to have advanced Views sorting in the active listings page or in the Review your traffic page? (Note that you can sort by Views in this report)

Active Listings.  I'm making decisions on that view count.  I can't end or revise listings from the traffic page so I'm bouncing back and forth.

Only margially useful, I really only look at the top graphs.  The report I do review to some extent, but selling lots of collectibles and OOAK items it's not as useful to me. OMMV

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hey Brian - TY for considering us!!

I'm small time so my answers will be different than many.

• Is it most useful to see the lifetime view count (as you do today)? Or would you rather be able to see the views over the last 30 days (or the last 60 or 90 days)? 30 days
• How old are your oldest listings? (i.e. I’m wondering how long the longest lifetime is for your active listings) 30 days - I end and relist - I'm not happy with GTC in my major category and I have too many listings that need to be rotated.
• As far as sorting and having the ability to see the listings with the least/most views at the top, would it be useful to you if the sort were based not on the current real-time view count but on the view count from one hour ago? Would it be useful if it was based on the view count from one day ago? I'd go with 1 day
• Would you prefer to have advanced Views sorting in the active listings page or in the Review your traffic page? (Note that you can sort by Views in this report) Active listing page - I seldom use Traffic reports
• Do you use the Review your traffic page? Is it useful? Seldom use it.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

30 days

90 days

1 day would be great

• Would you prefer to have advanced Views sorting in the active listings page or in the Review your traffic page? (Note that you can sort by Views in this report)

In the active listings page

• Do you use the Review your traffic page? Is it useful?

Yes, I use Review your traffic.  I do find it useful.  It would be nice if it were closer to real time reporting instead of sometimes a week or more lag time.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

• Do you use the Review your traffic page? Is it useful?

Yes, I use Review your traffic.  I do find it useful.  It would be nice if it were closer to real time reporting instead of sometimes a week or more lag time.

I do remember that now, that page does occasionally lag up to three weeks, it would be more useful if it was on a more stable refresh rate.

brian@ebay I put a link on the selling forum to give others a chance to put in their 2 cents as well.  Not many watch the Technical Forum very often.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

30 day count is perfect. Anything more is misleading/confusing.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I am a small seller, so I would rather start from 0 on a re-list.  But I guess I could see why you might want the feature if you had a much bigger inventory.  So, what would be nice is leave the control to us. We could check or un-check  at our own   discretion.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

brian@ebay 

I'm late to the party. I hope you're still taking feedback. My responses are below in blue.

brian@ebay wrote:

I would like all of the above - seller can switch between lifetime, 30, 60 or 90 as needed to manage their listings and sourcing.

I think 4 years.

Definitely not one day ago! I prefer real-time.

I would if the data were useful.

No because the data is always weeks behind.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply