cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing page jumping to top while creating listing?

I've always experienced this problem but it really wasn't a big deal when I was only listing a few items a week. Now I'm listing 20+ items a day and this really slows me down. I've tried Chrome and IE. Both act the same. I'm unable to use Turbo Lister, it just bogs my laptop down and takes 3 times as long to list 1 item. The issue happens every time I change a value (description, item specific, shipping info, etc.) and click out of the textarea. At that point, the page jumps back to the top.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Yes, fairly often. It's ebay. It's to be expected.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

OK good. I was afraid it was my laptop.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Apart from the page jumping thing which seems to happen in all browsers, I've noticed this week in Chrome that when you hit relist/sell similar or edit it taks you to the description section instead of the top of the listing page.

Irritating

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I would guess it has to be a java issue.

If you're on a Mac now with the update, input fields are very difficult to edit text on because sometimes half the page is disappearing (I have had this happen to me on eBay AND on Facebook in the last few days since updating).
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Be aware that Ebay has been checking the auto accept feature and filling in their "suggested amount" for the item, for buy it now purchases with best offers. Please be sure to check your active auctions and when do relists. There is a thread on the "bidding and buying" forum re: this issue.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Today-I-found-I-had-sold-a-lamp-best-offer-accepted-Prob...

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Well, it took me a long time to do it, but I learned Java and Javascript (already knew HTML) and coded my own custom web app to list my items. Almost everything is automatic now. All I have to do is input the brand, model numbers, part name, and part number into what I call Title Builder, and the entire listing is created based on that. Well, I also have to add pictures, price, and shipping details. Lots of other options which can be changed, but they all default to the most common configuration. It's not super fast because I havent figured out how to use multithreading yet, but it's way faster than using eBays listing page. And shared details are extended to the next listing. Quantity of listings to create is selected on a previous page. So this form would actually repeat itself X number of times, but with only the 1 submit button.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I have the same issue for some time -- a real pain -- and like original poster completely slows down the listing process.

And turbo lister right now appears to be a piece of .............

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Turbo lister is **bleep**. The freezing up while uploading images is the part I couldn't deal with. I ultimately learned Java and JavaScript and coded my own Web app. It's a work in progress, and currently is only capable of listing items and printing inventory labels, but I have been regularly adding new features since making the first working model. It makes 98% of the listing automatic, basically things which never change are placed automatically and nothing ever has to be repeated. I part out TVs so I commonly have several listings which all have common entries, and they are done automatically. I couldn't begin to tell you how much time it saves, but I know I can do over 30 listing in about 15 minutes. I don't have a ton of time for coding new features, but eventually the plan is to have complete management capabilities.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Its December 2016 and this problem still exists. I find that the jump sometimes causes me to select the $1.00 bold listing option. Maybe the jump is there for a reason. Over the past 4 years or so I've been hit with that $1.00 fee over a dozen times. And yes it surely slows down listing production. Whos the real loser here?
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I have found a fix. When doing the BIN listing, first uncheck the best offer box and then enter the BIN amount. Cured it for me! Pass it on!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Yep, and this happens to many users, across all browsers.  
I haven't even attempted to call ebay, so they can send me to India and then try to tell me the problem is my computer.  I list often and I am about to just close my store because I can't even type in my description without it jumping out of view. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I have the same problem, there has to be a fix somewhere. 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Just did the same thing and it appears to have cured it. Thanks for the info!
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Sorry. I take that back. It has started doing it again!
Message 15 of 18
latest reply