cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requests.storeCategoryNames does not seem to accept dashes in the URL path

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/offer/methods/bulkCreateOffer#request.r...

"The string value(s) passed in to this container will be the full path(s) to the eBay store categories, as shown below:"

"storeCategoryNames": [
"/Fashion/Men/Shirts",
"/Fashion/Men/Accessories" ],

My Store Categories have dashes in the names. If I pass '/0-99' I get the error:

'Invalid store category name, /0-99'

However I use '/TestCategory' that works fine. 

How do I pass in paths with dashes? Or how else can I get this to work with my store category names?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I see that your store category name is $0.99 and eBay's URL uses 0-99.

Another category name is Raw Cards, while eBay's URL uses Raw-Cards,

so eBay is replacing the non-alpha with a hyphen.

Have you tested the Raw Cards category?

Have you tried the actual displayed name, rather then the URL value?

There is also a non-alpha in front of the 0-99 that is not displaying in the URL, that could pose an unexpected issue.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a solution by calling getOffer on a card already in that $0.99 store category. That says the same format should be returned as it expects elsewhere. And for my $0.99 store category, it returned:

"storeCategoryNames": ["$0.99", "None"],

Which doesn't make any sense as far as what the docs say should be returned, or any of the possibilities @shipscript listed (and I tried, but which did not work). That's not a URL path.

But - I went ahead and used that format. And it worked. So it appears the docs could be incorrect here and you should use the array format with the actual name of the Store Categories --not provide the url paths to them.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply