cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rare Pewter Jug Made For Macy's Owner, Louis Bamberger (Info/Worth) is Needed!!!

I currently have what is believed to be a Rare Pewter Jug Made For Macy's Owner Louis Bamberger which I do not have ANY clue as to it's worth, or how to drive traffic to the auction for it.

Who can help me with ANY information on this item??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173728730807

MB Merchandise
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Rare Pewter Jug Made For Macy's Owner, Louis Bamberger (Info/Worth) is Needed!!!

I think you may be misinterpreting the wording.  I have items that say "Made exclusively for Macys/Nordstrom/JCPenney" but that doesn't mean they were made for the actual OWNER of the company, just made to be sold by their stores and pointing out that is the only STORE you can buy it at.  Noritake china sells in MANY stores but I have see exclusive patterns that you can only get from ONE retailer, and not any of the other stores where those products were sold.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't know... It says "Made for L. (Louis) Bamberger" on the bottom...  And I can't find anything like it ANYWHERE.  I need help, lol.

MB Merchandise
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes I agree! Just a simple pewter jug with a early Macy's logo.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The most famous department store here in Canada was the Timothy Eaton Company.

Usually called Eaton's, and later Eaton, most of its early goods were marked T. Eaton.

Which, I suppose, gave the buyer the belief that they were dealing with a single person instead of a huge company.

This was reflected in one of our most beloved children's stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZyDsF-Gp3o&t=139s

It's just a trademark.

Nothing special.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply