eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

What are the new EXACT postage rates on 1/26/14?

Every time the USPS raises the rates, they tell us the stamp rates but only say that the packages are going up by a certain percentage.

I want to know what are the new package prices for a 1-3 ounce first class package using the discount paypal gives.  How am I going to list my new items without knowing this information or adjust my other now outdated postage rates.

I do not charge any handling just exact postage.

Does anyone here know what the new rate will be if I print with Paypal and use a 1-3 ounce package with first class and DC?

SIGNATURE

"In the 13 months that I've been in the Senate, it has become apparent to me that the single thing that Republicans fear the most -- and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," Ted Cruz 2/13/14

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

Re: What are the new EXACT postage rates on 1/26/14?

in reply to bertrambabe2010

$1.93

Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

You can find both current and proposed postage prices here: pe.usps.com

The proposed rates for next month are accessible via the left side menu options.

Please use plain text.
duchess-at-speakeasy
Community Member

in reply to billy_biggle_fan

The rates are published but, unfortunately, the files are in xls and cvs formats -- which my computer can't open.

However, someone pasted the new rates for Priority Mail here on the boards and it appears that some of the RETAIL rates are DECREASING by about $0.15 to $0.25.  There's also the addition of a Zone 9 -- an ominous sign that coast-to-coast rates will be a lot HIGHER.

All I know for sure is that the cost of the first ounce of First Class Mail (letter) will increase from $0.46 to $0.49 and that second and subsequent ounces will remain at current rates ($0.20 for letters, $0.17 for packages).

In any case, charging "exact" discounted rates is one sure way to lose money.  Both eBay and Paypal take a substantial cut and the cost of supplies isn't cheap either.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess

To eBay, I think we hover somewhere between loathed, tolerated, and ignored.
Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

in reply to duchess-at-speakeasy

Zone 9 is for some specific  remote Pacific territories.

Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

in reply to duchess-at-speakeasy

duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

The rates are published but, unfortunately, the files are in xls and cvs formats -- which my computer can't open.

https://www.openoffice.org/

OpenOffice is recommended.  It's free, and works with any Microsoft Office file formats.

Please use plain text.
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

in reply to nobody*s_perfect

nobody*s_perfect wrote:

$1.93

Is that with the paypal/eBay discount or just the regular rate?  Currently the price is $1.69, is it going up by .24 cents, seems a bit steep.

To whomever stated that I lose money by charging exact discounted postage, yes on the postage I do but I include that on my prices to begin with, same as people who offer "free" shipping.

SIGNATURE

"In the 13 months that I've been in the Senate, it has become apparent to me that the single thing that Republicans fear the most -- and that is when they're forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode," Ted Cruz 2/13/14

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

The online label that currently costs $1.69 is going to cost $1.93.

Starting on January 26, when you print a First Class package label through eBay labels for a package up to 3 ounces, it wiil cost you $1.93.  This is the new published and approved mixed ADC rate.

Please use plain text.
bertrambabe2010
Community Member

in reply to nobody*s_perfect

nobody*s_perfect wrote:

The online label that currently costs $1.69 is going to cost $1.93.

Starting on January 26, when you print a First Class package label through eBay labels for a package up to 3 ounces, it wiil cost you $1.93.  This is the new published and approved mixed ADC rate.

Thank you so very much.  You have helped me immensely.

SIGNATURE

Please use plain text.