cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned item... New to eBay.. Scam alert?

Hello everyone! I am a new full-time eBay seller from the panhandle and am having my first return. They claimed I put in the wrong information, but this is incorrect. They messaged me and told me it was the wrong size. At first, they demanded a full refund and were quite upset and refused to talk to me after I asked for proof on how they know it's the wrong size.

After talking with eBay customer service, I opened the return and sent the buyer a label and they messaged me right away wanting to confirm they will get a full refund. I said if the whole item is returned as it was, they will get a full refund. Including shipping. Now they want a partial refund ($10 from a $70 order) and are asking me to give them a deal because they are a small business. I said no thanks and I wanted the item back if they wanted a refund and haven't heard back. 

Should I report this to eBay? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Returned item... New to eBay.. Scam alert?

Typically, eBay prefers that buyers and sellers solve their issues. Has the buyer filed a claim, most likely a item not as described claim. If so, they are to return the item using the label you provided. Once tracking shows arrived, a refund will be sent to them. If the keep hounding you for partial refund, please instruct them to return the item for full refund. If buyer stalls and do not send on timely matter, the case will close on your favor. They can still submit for a chargeback claim with their payment method. 

Do not argue with the buyer regarding the inaccuracies in their claim, eBay has an iron clad Money Back Guarantee for buyers. Basically, buyer is king, seller is peon. The MBG is good for 30 days of expected delivery for items not received claim, or 30 days after delivery of goods for items not as described claims, your case at the moment.

I suggest you read up on this, to get familiar with it and make your full time selling experience enjoyable

Message 2 of 2
latest reply