Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I do a invoice??? Please help

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @maeyo51. You registered this account in September and don't have any items for sale. Are you using another account to sell? 

You can check out this eBay policy page which has instructions on how to send an invoice:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-getting-paid/issue-invoice-combining-payments?id=4139

But in most cases an invoice is not required unless you are:

Lowering/combining shipping cost, adding an additional shipping choice the buyer requested or adding a discount for the buyer.

If you just want a payment reminder to go out, an invoice is not necessary because eBay sends out reminders.

If you're trying to invoice for something (to bill a buyer for re-shipping after a package was returned) post-sale/post-payment, that option does not exist within eBay. There are ways to deal with it, but is that your issue?

I guess we would need to know why you need to send an invoice to give you correct guidance.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I guess we would need to know why you need to send an invoice to give you correct guidance.

Definitely. If this is just a straight sale, you don't need to send an invoice; eBay does plenty of bugging the buyer to pay themselves. (After four days of non-payment, you can cancel with the reason of Buyer Did Not Pay.)

Also, if you're using Calculated Shipping, an invoice will lock in the Shipping charge to be that required to ship to the buyer's eBay address. If the buyer provides a different Ship-To: address with their payment of the invoice, you'll have to eat any additional costs required to get the item there. Don't invoice a buyer unless you have a specific reason for doing so. Click the Reply button below to give us more details on your situation if necessary.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply