cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants ground advantage, Seller wants first class envelope mail

Returning to Ebay and facing the changes.  Posted an item for $7.75, with Seller paying shipping.  Got an offer for $5.00 + shipping.  I wasn't sure if this meant the buyer is paying shipping or I am but accepted offer.  Got message buyer paid $5.00, and wants Ground advantage package shipping for $4.36.   I was going to put item (dress pattern) in an envelope and send it first class in an envelope for $2.11. I cannot get Ebay to print a label except for ground advantage.   How do I get it for the first class rate?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay does not sell postage labels for First Class letters and flats (AKA Large envelopes), and never has. If you want to mail the item as a flat for $2.11, then just put stamps on it or take it to the PO.  But it won't have tracking, so you would have no protection if the buyer files a fake "Item not received" claim.

eBay's policy on Best Offers is that the shipping is not part of the negotiation, so if a shipping method was specified in the listing you should use that. The McCall's 6520 that you sold earlier today did specify Ground Advantage.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay's shipping calculator showed first class in green.  I thought this meant I could go through Ebay. Thanks for info

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The listing had Free Ground Advantage as the shipping.

You can't downgrade the shipping.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Unless more than one shipping method is offered in the listing the buyer doesn't  dictate or decide how the seller ships.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

How do you post multiple ways of shipping?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply