cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offer

Hi, I want to bid on a product but ebay doesn't accept it

What should I do to bid on the products?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

offer

@r.kazimov,

That's a fixed price/best offer listing, not an auction, so that's why you can't bid on it. You can only bid on auction listings.

If you meant that you were trying to place an offer, then it might have something to do with the fact that the listing is available for pickup only, it can't be shipped. If you were planning to pick the item up in Illinois, but your default shipping address is not in the USA, then it might not allow you to make the offer.

If that's not it, then please post a screenshot of the error message you get when you try to make an offer.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

offer

I wonder if he has actually been blocked by the seller. The feedback he leaves for others is quite disheartening.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

offer

@r.kazimov wrote:
Hi, I want to bid on a product but ebay doesn't accept it

What should I do to bid on the products?

Note that the listing offers no shipping (local pickup only) so make sure that you're able to pick it up in Shorewood, Illinois before you purchase it.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

offer

@emerald1830 wrote:

I wonder if he has actually been blocked by the seller. The feedback he leaves for others is quite disheartening.

Or, maybe instead of "bidding," the OP means he tried to make an offer but it was auto-declined.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

offer

When I bid on an auctioned item and send a bid to the seller on other cash priced items, the limits I sent you are written

352F523F-1244-4C66-B74F-78E4828BF8AA.jpeg

29DCC50D-60F2-475C-8627-F04F7645FB94.jpeg

0338AC1A-7A0C-4362-88D1-62E16EB543EA.png

77FFC89B-3EAF-4538-9087-861081821E01.jpeg

6829684A-5179-46C0-8CF3-4BE0CAE10DE9.jpeg

5ACDBD18-8EFB-4ACB-97BC-AA5D1291EC3A.png

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

offer

@r.kazimov 

OK, from what you have shown, you get the error message whenever you try to place a bid (Разместить ставку) or make an offer (Предложить цену).

The error message says that you are not allowed to bid (or make offers) because you have not followed eBay policy. Most likely, this has something to do with not competing payment for your purchases. So, now you can only use Buy It Now (Купить сеичас) in which case you have to pay for the purchase before it is completed.

The listing you first asked about is available for local pickup only in Indiana, USA, so you should not make an offer or purchase it if you can't go to the location to pick it up.

Since the screenshots are in Russian, it probably means that eBay has detected your location. Members in Russia are not currently allowed to use eBay. If that is the case, then you probably won't be able to pay at all.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply