cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was this an actual headlight or fog light before it was made into a ceiling/wall mount light?

My first impression was that it was a light for an old automobile originally.

But the metal covering half of the lens is throwing me off.

Google lens hasn't returned any like this, but has returned a plethora of really old headlights without half the lens covered by metal. 

The only marking is on the inside where the lightbulb goes regarding 75 watt max bulb usage, and "353" stamped into the little metal piece near the fixture mounting bracket. 

The glass under the metal is not ribbed like the part that's not covered, if that helps. The yellow color inside is from 2 yellow wire nuts.

10" Diameter 5" Depth

Thanks, in advance!

Light1.jpgLight2.jpgLight3.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Was this an actual headlight or fog light before it was made into a ceiling/wall mount light?

@ltldpr 

I could be exactly wrong, but it looks like the lamps at the floor of theater aisles to me. Lighting the walkway (downward) but not glaring (upward) at you while watching a play or a movie.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@ltldpr 

I could be exactly wrong, but it looks like the lamps at the floor of theater aisles to me. Lighting the walkway (downward) but not glaring (upward) at you while watching a play or a movie.

I like it, even if you are wrong lol! Certainly makes more sense than a headlight or half a headlight I should say. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply