cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle scam

Hi, I posted the 1998 Chevy Silverado z71 for my sister. If you are interested in buying it you can send her an email at: carter26v@gmail. com and she will send you more details and pictures. Thanks!

It gets better

Hi again,
As I mentioned in my previous email, my daughter and I decided to sell the house and move in Winnipeg, MB at my sister's. Unfortunately I can't do this transaction personally due to my job so I decided to do the deal through eBay, the truck is already at the eBay regional warehouse ready for shipment. The shipping is paid for by me with a promotional voucher. It will be at your address in 1-3 days.
The process is safe and simple, complete the payment to eBay, they hold the funds securely, then shipping begins and once you receive it, you have an inspection and testing period of 7 days from the day it arrives to you. Throughout the process, eBay will keep your money safe until you receive, inspect and accept the truck. If, for any reason, you find something you do not like, you can send it back (the return shipping is also covered). So if you wanna make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, shipping address and phone number. Once I get the details, I'll forward them to eBay and they will contact you with all the information that you need to complete this deal. Waiting for your email with the requested details.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Show more 

My replies lol.. have a little fun 

I don't have eBay account and I don't want one I only deal with cashier's check or cash I don't want no credit you said that there is shipping involved where is the truck being shipped from I'm in Niagara Falls Ontario how can you afford to pay shipping on a $1,200 truck after your husband passed away you must have a lot of expenses the truck looks very nice if the truck is in the US I have a house over there also I do not have a PayPal account either my buddy said that that would protect me in a transaction I never did anything like this before so where can the truck be seen at I'm in Toronto every other day thank you.
Any more suggestions to give him a little more to nibble on please reply I can't believe that people actually fall for this stuff these people should have bamboo splits put under their fingernails like we did in nam

Show more

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Vehicle scam

Assuming you are reporting here how you handled a vehicle listing you found on another site, like Craig's List. 

Not sure why you would bother responding, but okay, whatever floats your boat.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

Very new at posting not sure how to do it but I wanted to get it out there feel free to edit anytime you want

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

You've never given fake data to a phone salesman?  Never carried on a twenty minute conversation about how you've considered a pool or new patio cover, but are not sure you have enough room?  

Half the fun of those stupid calls is messing with them. 

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

Have no interest in editing your post, even if it were possible.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

No, I haven't done any of those things.  My usual response is "No, thank you" then hang up.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

@divwido ,

Ive done that with some of those phone callers that say they’re from SSA, and they tell you this inventive story about how a car was found in Texas with drugs inside and your SSN was connected to all of it and you need to buy eBay cards to secure your SSN.

@soh.maryl 

Once, I was sitting waiting for laundry to be done, couldn’t do anything else but sit and stare at the laundry, I was exceedingly bored, and I kept a scammer on the phone for nearly an hour.  I figured the time they were wasting with me was time they couldn’t be calling someone who might actually fall for the scam.  LOL, when the laundry was done, I hung up on them, gathered up the laundry and left.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

According to my records, this subject was posted in 1968.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

What subject? 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

"According to my records, this subject was posted in 1968".

You must have been hanging out with Al Gore while  he was inventing the internet.  Though I don't think he succeeded until 1983.  ROFLOL.   Maybe it was the Nam reference?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Vehicle scam

I have concerns about lock washers with part numbers ending in -ES.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply