cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY Motors vehicle listing duration is hidden& deceptive!! Auto set for 7 days not 30!!

As if the new listing template wasn't already an awful step back in getting listings done now there's this hassle!

If choosing a premium package dont make the mistake of thinking that its for 30 days, ebay sets it to ONLY 7 ! To change it you have to search for it under Listing Format& Pricing and manually change it.

Deceptive& incredible hassle to get a usefull rep to deal with this.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 11-55-25 Choose a package for your vehicle listing 1948 Studebaker Special eBay.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 at 11-57-40 Choose a package for your vehicle listing 1948 Studebaker Special eBay.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

EBAY Motors vehicle listing duration is hidden& deceptive!! Auto set for 7 days not 30!!

Yeah, we stopped paying fees to eBay in 2016.  We found other venues that were more profitable, productive and less costly.

My dealership used to spend about $10k per month in eBay fees and then it all stopped.  No one called, no one cared, I moved on.

I suggest that you do the same.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I had this same thing happen to me just last night 1/28. I went to change my duration listing time and 7 days is my only option. Unreal. eBay can not advertise a 30 day listing then actually provide just 7 days. 

I called an eBay CS rep and they didn’t know how to change my duration either. They said they had to contact an “automotive CS Rep”. Of course these specialized reps are only available a short while in the day. I called in the evening so I get no answers. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What are the other options that you have had success with?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am on my second bag of popcorn.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@nifo_2789 

Your pick up truck is in the wrong category. 
It might get more attention if it was in eBay Motors, not the Everything Else category. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

DF45032B-2105-4C3F-9F94-4963E9B675C3.gif

@tony1963 wrote:

I am on my second bag of popcorn.

I had to run to the snack bar.....

Did i miss anything??

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

What a scam! ebay turned into a joke. I just spent 50 bucks in an ad that nobody sees in this crappy platform.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Tuition......

Now that you are eductated, how many fifties are you going to throw away?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply