cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Craiglist vehicle for sale

So I was looking at Craighlist and came across this truck Toyota Tacoma and the lady that is selling it claims to be in the MILITARY base in Nevada and says that an  Ebay representative would be contacting me with further information on the process because they are the ones closing the deal! She gives a 5 day "trial" so if I don't like the truck I can retrurn it at her expense. Also she said, she is unable to talked on the phone since she is only allow to check her email. Which sounds fishy to me. She is selling the 2005 Toyota Tacoma for $2000. Which is too cheap! So I am wondering this has to be a SCAM right?? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You know, I really wish EBay and Craiglists would post the facts about this at the top of the page.  Post it in BIG BOLD LETTERS.   This comes up at least once every day.  

THIS IS A SCAM

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

scamity scam scam.....

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I almost got scammed too! Thank goodness i smartened up. If it's to good to be true,it probably is ! Is correct!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If people would spend roughly 2 minutes reading and thinking about the "Avoiding Scams" bit at the start of the Craigslist auto ads the scams and the number of screwed people would go way, way down.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME BUT IT WAS A CAR..Wow!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The same thing happens to everyone, because these scams are plastered all over Craigslist and Autotrader, etc. every day- and not just in the automotive section, but in RVs; farm & garden(tractors); heavy equipment; powersports, etc. -and have been for well over a decade, because greedy people keep falling for them, because they throw common sense out the window at the prospect of getting the too-good-to-be-true once-in-a-lifetime deal.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply