cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Ebay scam ?

Hi again, right now I'm in a military base... We are training, getting  ready for Afghanistan. I am only allowed to check my email several times a  day.We have to stick to email for now. Hope you can understand. The car is already at our Military Logistic Department from Fort Belvoir,  U.S. Army base created and ready to go. Like I already said, the delivery  process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home  address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and  reg. I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this  service you will get a 10 days testing period after delivery. During  that 10 days testing period I will not be getting any money... I need to  know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on  this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact  info  for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can  move forward with this transaction.

Here are more photos:   

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Another Ebay scam ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

SCAMMMMMM

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

What a coincidence!  My brother-in-law is the commanding general at Ft. Belvoir.   He sent one of his aides to check out the car.   Unfortunately there was no car to be found anywhere on base.   Also, since we pulled out of Afghanistan, there is no one anywhere on the base training to go to Afghanistan.   Methinks your seller is a bald-faced liar.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

YES always unless the vehicle is LISTED on ebay motors

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

Scam-a-lam-a-ding-dong.  Don't  be one.

Nobody is a member  of  the eBay buyer protection program.   That's not something sellers join.  

10 day inspection period is a lie because there is never an inspection period. Vehicles can't  be returned. 

If you get email that appears to be from eBay it's not.  eBay doesn't  handle payments for vehicles and they never tell you how to pay or what method to pay.  

Your scammer is trying to steal gift cards or pre-paid credit cards.

If the price is too good to be true it is. That good price is bait. The scammer hopes you will bite.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, the price, the price!  I was sooo low that you just had to buy it.  Perfect bait.

1. The super low price is first sign it's a scam.   But people fall for it all day, every day.

2.  You found the vehicle on a site other than eBay so technically it is not another eBay scam, it is another craigslist, facebook marketplace or offerup scam.

3.  Third sign it's a scam:  it is all ready to ship and will get to your place 2-3 days

4.  The "seller" is getting deployed (Afghanistan, really?) Scam sign 4.

5.  The "seller" wants you to give her your contact info so eBay can send invoice.  But wait, if it's a legit eBay transaction, eBay already has that info.  No need to send it again.

6.  The "invoice" is fake; the contact info on the invoice is scammer's contact info so when you think you are contacting eBay, you're actually contacting scammer.

7.  You have a ten day inspection period.   Scammers used to offer only 5 days, so they've upped their game on this one.

8.  The scammer tells you she won't be receiving any money during the "inspection" period but the fact is, after you buy the gift cards and give "eBay" the numbers on the cards, your money is gone and cannot be traced.

These scams work because people see the super low price and think, "That is a fantastic deal.  I'd better jump on this before someone else beats me to it."  Scammers know that greed works.  If the price is really that low, any used car dealer within a hundred miles would snap it up with just a phone call from seller and there would be no need to go to the trouble of selling it over the internet.  This is especially true right now because dealers are having a hard time finding cars to sell.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

A very old copy of the scam, Afghanistan is no longer, now a lady with a sad story why selling price is so low and now they say the inspection is only 5 days.   They have hundreds of fake items for sale, cars, boats, RV'S, motorcycles, tow trailers, tractors, so they just cut and paste inquiries. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

This is the  oldest Scam since the invention

of the .................................Wheel..........................

Just my 3.5

Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

Tell them you live a 100 miles away. Tell them you insist on picking it up in person and will happily pay them double the price because you support our troops fully and picking it up will avoid the shipping hassle. Also that you expect no warranty or test drives and will take the car as is, where is.

See what kind of bunk they spout then unless they just decide to vanish.

Might suggest his unit keep their heads down because they will be the only unit there and massively outnumbered by the enemy.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

The car is already at our Military Logistic Department from Malmstrom AFB, U.S. Air Force Base, created and ready to go. The Logistic Department will deliver the car to your home so the shipping is free for you. Since the car is in a military base, with no access you can not go there and take it, only the Logistic Department can deliver it, because the car is in their custody. Shipping may take anywhere between 2 to 3 business days depending on the destination. All the documents you need for ownership; title, manuals and the bill of sale, etc.. will be provided along with the car ( title and the bill so sale will be notarized by a notary public ). You will have 5 business days for inspection. If the car is not as described you will have to ship it back at the end of the 5 business days, on my expense and have your money back from eBay.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

**bleep**...I bit on this and was only saved by a friend before I could get enough Ebay cash cards!!!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

@homestd 

You should buy that friend a steak dinner and a really good bottle of scotch.

The claim that it'll be the military delivering the vehicle is new (the scammers must be getting worried that buyers are getting hip to the fact that eBay neither stores or delivers items for sellers), as is the info about the notarized title but it's still the same old scam. Why would the military deliver anything to a civilian address?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Another Ebay scam ?

bless you for helping our distressed military women sell their cars for 15% of the actual value

Message 13 of 13
latest reply