cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Equinox question

Any advise on this problem is appreciated....I have a 2013 Equinox,88k, bought 6 weeks ago, always ran fine....now in the last couple of days, it surges and lugs at traffic lights....sometimes so strong, I have to put it in neutral till the lite changes....I just put in some injection cleaner and a tank of premium.....Any ideas or past similar experiences?...Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

2013 Equinox question

Thanks, doing good , just enjoying retirement from that classic car dealership 4 years back....Equinox and I went to west virginia today and it did just fine....hope you are well and still playing with the older cars!...Bob.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

2013 Equinox question

Armchair, WAG, I have no idea: MASS and MAF sesnors, either-or, maybe both.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

Does it have the 2.4 liter 4 cyl or the 3.6 liter V6?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

Codes?

I'd test battery voltage first thing- codes or no codes. Things new-fangled monstrosities are essentially cellphones on wheels, and it doesn't take much electrically to cause a problem....weird problems!  Slightly clogged cat might be an issue too.

(My spidey senses tell me there is a Canukistanian in the house. errOR! errOR!... 😄 )

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

My very best advise-Take it to a highly qualified machanic.  One with the own store who really cares that you will  be happy with their service.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

@bob-o-71 wrote:

now in the last couple of days, it surges and lugs at traffic lights

Is the check engine light on? With those symptoms it should have some codes stored from which you can get pointed in the right direction.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

No codes or check engine lite...it is the 4 cylinder...

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

Well Boob-o, this Canuckistanian had one of those fail, threw a code for half an hour and then not for 2 1/2 years until the other one failed. I do not recall if it threw a code then as I was too busy panicking as if a Polar Bear was chasing me, In Churchill Mb, July, 6 1/2 years ago, on the beach of Hudsons Bay, behind the town centre.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

After going on a 4 hour drive with it , it seems the 2 bottles of fuel injector cleaner and a tank of premium took care of it .....for now...thanks.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

Bob o, if it happens again I would say its a clogged cat. converter.How have you been?Bruce.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

Thanks, doing good , just enjoying retirement from that classic car dealership 4 years back....Equinox and I went to west virginia today and it did just fine....hope you are well and still playing with the older cars!...Bob.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

Prince Phillip is still driving and he's 97. Just rolled his Land Rover and walked away from it. 2 days later he buys a brand new one.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

2013 Equinox question

@atikovi wrote:

Prince Phillip is still driving and he's 97. Just rolled his Land Rover and walked away from it. 2 days later he buys a brand new one.

My sister's neighbor was 101 and still drove...but never rolled anything (nor crashed in any other way).

I'll bet Prince Albert still would've been driving too, if he wasn't in the can.....

Message 13 of 13
latest reply