Ever think about them??

Ever seen one??... running???
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

<<<<<..HEY !! What about the SUPER VEE..??...>>>>>>

stavros!
Enthusiast
> Just a follow up on my supervee I finally found a ignition system made for a gen 1 and 2 or 3 supervee made for a 90 deg eng , not a harley 45 totally programmable made by power arc in anykey iowa they programmed it specially for a supervee 90 no popping no backfire runs great

Howdy!

Have you talked with other owners with working supervees? Most of
them would probably be glad to talk to you about the problems of
owning one.
Message 31 of 64
latest reply

Hello I only know one other guy with a supervee, He has the Nostalgia Supervee drag bike.that was featured in the Nostalgia video, and catalog, otherwise Supervee owners are a small group with no website to share a knowledge base other then here. TwHarley - momence IL,
Message 32 of 64
latest reply

We just finished having a 92 Super Vee put together. We resolved the ignition problem and are getting ready to paint. It seems to run great. We are excited about the uniqueness of this motorcycle.
Message 33 of 64
latest reply

stavros!
Enthusiast
> We just finished having a 92 Super Vee put together. We resolved the ignition problem and are getting ready to paint. It seems to run great. We are excited about the uniqueness of this motorcycle.

How about the crankcase breather? And oil pressure drop?

What did you do to solve the ignition problem? And will your
bike(s) rev past 4000 rpm?
Message 34 of 64
latest reply

jimmykiii
Enthusiast
Need help on ignition. My SuperVee is 1989. 0 mileage because I had Jim Fedor rebuild it. Tried converting distributor to electronic and install an electric starter onto a stock 1965 harley 4 speed trans. Ready to work on it again and hopefully ride it (almost 20 years in storage). I need to resolve my ignition problem. Any help appreciated.........Thanks........Jimmy K......Cell...520-990-2097
Message 35 of 64
latest reply

Hello
Well jim and everybody else are using dyna for a harley 45 deg engine not a 90deg dyna never modified there ing for a super vee i called there tech support for info and that is what they said. i had my bike on the road for testing this weekend and it ran fine rpm to the max no backfiring kickback or shattered bendix a smooth runner, I still have oil leaks witch i will resolve (new gaskets) instead of silicone only, you will need to call power arc ignitions ankeny IA, they have a ignition that will work all gen,s of supervee it,s optical and programmed for a supervee, and easy to install has to be timed to the rear cyl tdc other than that it is easy to install. talk to gary at power arc. he will fix you up i wont give out the phone number on the web but do a google search for power arc and you will find the site with the number. I also left you a message on your cell phone , TWHARLEY
Message 36 of 64
latest reply

stavros!
Enthusiast
Any idea how much a '96 Super vee might be worth? I saw one for sale, priced at $10,995.00, but since you can't get parts for them, that seems a bit high...
Message 37 of 64
latest reply

Hello

How much is a SuperVee Worth?, Depends how bad you want one, and in what condition, the majority of the parts excluding the engine and the frame are all harley parts, the bike i think your talking about still needs a new ignition and whatever else but runs and is complete . as for motor parts everything is chevy 350 except block crank, cam, Less than 50 of these bikes were ? completed and how many are running, in other words very rare and to be more apreicated as time goes on..

TWHARLEY USA.
Message 38 of 64
latest reply

stavros!
Enthusiast
Well, I'm not interested in having a motorycycle to appreciate as time goes on, I'm interested in having one to ride and put lots of miles on.

It's suppposed to be a complete running bike, what's wrong with
the ignition? What should I be looking for/at?
Message 39 of 64
latest reply

The ignition is a oem ignition junk, It helped give supervee a bad name. if your interested in that bike go ride it and find out how it runs. as far as ignition read my posts and investigate 45 degree, verses 90 degree supervee. single fire verses duel fire points verses halleffect and then optical type of ignition. nostalgia used a distributor cap then then a flat white cap, then harley points and advance with duel fire system, and then dyna-s halleffect single fire, witch did not work well ask jimmykii he had all of them and 20 years later they still dont work worth a darn. The IDS Ignition I installed on my bike runs will at all rpm ranges No BackFire No shattered Starter Bendix RPM to 7000 These Moters run Well if configured properly and they not for the average Wrencher.

TWHARLEY
Message 40 of 64
latest reply

Hello everyone! It is good to see that some people are still interested in the Super Vee. There is so much misinformation out there, partly because of the way it was sold and marketed originally. But if you know how to fix the problems from the factory it can be a great bike. We are here trying to make a super vee community to help each other and get that information out there to people who are interested.
Check out our Super Vee myspace.

[url http://www.myspace.com/super_vee_motorcycles][/url]
Thanks
Papillon and Skoenlaper
Message 41 of 64
latest reply

Thanks
Papillon and Skoenlaper What a great site and a place to go for info, and pictures, This is Must Site For SuperVee Owners, It's Like Finding a Home For stray SuperVee's, It keeps us Sheltered From the skeptics,Non believers, and rain and cold.

Twharley {Anthony } USA
Message 42 of 64
latest reply

Anthony
Thank you please tell everyone.
We have had 21 more people check the myspace since we posted
on here yesterday.
We are excited to get pictures of your bike & build and are planning on putting more pictures up and a new blog tomorrow.
Thanks again
Papillon & Skoenlaper
Message 43 of 64
latest reply

stavros!
Enthusiast
Anthony
Thank you please tell everyone.
We have had 21 more people check the myspace since we posted
on here yesterday.
We are excited to get pictures of your bike & build and are planning on putting more pictures up and a new blog tomorrow.
Thanks again
Papillon & Skoenlaper

Great idea! I started a yahoo group two weeks ago for
the supervee (well almost started it, since I haven't posted
any info or pics yet) for the same reason.
Message 44 of 64
latest reply

Please send the web address would love to check it out.
Posted new pictures and information today on ours always adding on. Have a video of one running and going down the road and over 50 pictures and information check it out. The my space wouldn't have gone anywhere with out Jim so always a special thank you to him.
Are you also a Super Vee owner ?
Drop a line.
P&T
Message 45 of 64
latest reply